Nobody is reading this thread right now.

"But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day," says the LORD. "I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, 'You should know the LORD.' For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already," says the LORD. "And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins."

Jeremiah 31:33-34 NLT

Key Thought​

Jeremiah is God's voice, speaking about the promise of the LORD's new covenant that he will make with his people. Of course, knowledge of God's "instructions" started with the prophets and others who spoke for God in Biblical times and starts with the Bible and people who speak for God now. However, knowledge is not nearly enough. We need to be empowered and transformed by the Holy Spirit of the living God who will place God's instructions on our hearts and make them a part of us. As important as the scriptures are, the Spirit who inspired them is also the one who is essential for us to understand and live the intent of scripture. The Holy Spirit will inform, transform, and conform God's people to be like Jesus (2 Corinthians 3:17-18). This promise of a new covenant also runs throughout the New Testament, but the work of the Spirit in this covenant is especially emphasized in John chapters 14-16 as Jesus promises the Comforter or Counselor or Advocate or Helper or Friend (depending on your translation). It is also emphasized powerfully in 2 Corinthians 3, which is probably a spiritual reflection about the fulfillment of God's promise recorded by Jeremiah. Read 2 Corinthians 3 after reading today's verses from Jeremiah. Rejoice that we have this promised time of grace and divine presence available to us in the Holy Spirit!

Today's Prayer​

Almighty God, I rejoice in the sacrifice of Jesus and the work of your Holy Spirit to bring your promise of a new covenant alive in our day. I ask that the Spirit's power, his force, his grace, be at work in me. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
lGjlvwdNw3w

Continue reading...

Take a minute, not to ask God for anything, but to simply say Thank You, God!

Tell The Lord Thank You: God thank You. Thank You. Thank You Lord Jesus. God You alone are worthy of all praise. I will bless the Lord at all times. God Your praises shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will boast in the Lord. God I praise You for who You are and All that You are. God I praise You for Your mighty deeds and Your excellent greatness! God there is none like You. You are all-wise, all-knowing, and all-powerful. God thank You for loving me. I Thank You God that Your love for me is constant and everlasting. I praise You God for Your mercy endures forever. You are my rock, deliverer, defender, protector, and fortress. You are my salvation and the strength of my life. God, You are my very present help in the time of trouble. In this I am sure and confident.

I Trust You Lord. God You are faithful. You are my hope, peace, joy, and strength. You are my song. You are my source. As You promised, You will supply all my needs. I shall not want. God Thank You for always providing, protecting, and guiding my footsteps. God I Love You. I appreciate You. I will be strong and of good courage. I will not fear. I will not be afraid, because You are with me. You will never leave me, fail me, or forsake me. I Trust You God.

Who is this King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord, mighty in battle. The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory! Thank You. Thank You. Thank You, Jesus!!!

Have A God Bless You Great Day and Always Tell the Lord Thank You!

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Then Peter said [to the lame man], "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he...
Replies
Views
  • Article
These are the twelve [Jesus] chose: —Mark 3:16-19 NLT Key Thought People in God's family have names, histories, futures — and failures. They are different in their interests and their vocations. Yet they all have one thing in common: Jesus! Let's not limit our expectations or dreams for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus went into the synagogue again and noticed a man with a deformed hand. —Mark 3:1 NLT Key Thought Jesus touched many people with his compassion, care, healing, comfort, and teaching. How did he reach so many people? Some came to him for healing because they had heard of his power over...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued,] "Besides, who would patch old clothing with new cloth? For the new patch would shrink and rip away from the old cloth, leaving an even bigger tear than before. "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the wine would burst the wineskins, and the wine and the skins...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said,] "I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences." He told [the teachers of religious law] this because they were saying, "He's possessed by an evil spirit."...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom