Today's Verse - Romans 14:8 (KJV)

For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

—Romans 14:8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


One of the incredible realizations we have as Christians is that our relationship with the LORD is eternal. As we seek after him, he is always there, and no one can separate us from his love (Romans 8:38-29). Even when we die, we go to be "with the LORD" (Philippians 1:23-24). When we sleep in death, we are still "in the LORD" (Revelation 14:13). When he returns in glory, we will go to "be with the LORD forever" (1 Thessalonians 4:17-18). Everything we have on earth is temporary except our love for the LORD Jesus, our praise of God through him, and our friends with whom we share that love and praise!

My Prayer...​


Almighty God, thank you so much for binding yourself to our world in Jesus and binding me close to you through his lordship in my life. I look forward to the day when the LORD I kneel to worship today will be recognized by all those living and those who have died as the One True LORD (Philippians 2:9-11). I commit to live this day to honor him, and I know, dear Father, that by honoring him I honor you. I praise and thank you for the gift of Jesus' eternal and abiding lordship in the name of the Christ, my LORD. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. —Romans 14:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are the LORD's care. We submit our lives to him because he bought us out of bondage to sin and death...
Replies
0
Views
330
  • Article Article
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. —Romans 15:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I hate racism and exclusivity. But my loathing does not match God's revulsion at these things. On the other hand, we can anticipate the choir of heaven (Revelation...
Replies
0
Views
97
  • Article Article
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. —Romans 14:11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We live in anticipation of the day when every knee in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that...
Replies
0
Views
220
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,690
Messages
16,791,373
Members
649,284
Latest member
Muodariorway

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom