Today's Verse - Romans 14:8 (KJV)

For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

—Romans 14:8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


We are the LORD's care. We submit our lives to him because he bought us out of bondage to sin and death and brought us into his eternal family of grace. We have voluntarily placed our lives into his hands. No matter what we do or where we go, his grace goes with us. He has promised never to leave us (Hebrews 13:5-6). He has assured us that nothing can separate us from his love (Romans 8:32-39). So let's live with a sense of excited anticipation, looking to see where the LORD will lead us next. Let's face our difficulties, trials, and even death, with the assurance that we will not face tough times alone or forever. The glory we anticipate is far greater than any of our trials (Romans 8:19). Even as we walk in the dark shadows of death, we don't have to fear what the evil one and his minions can do to us. Our LORD is with us to guide us, protect us, and bring us home (Psalm 23:4-6). We are the LORD's!

My Prayer...​


Father, thank you for sending your Son to redeem me. LORD Jesus, thank you for coming to earth, paying the price for my sin, and sending the Holy Spirit to be your presence in me. Take my life and use it to your glory. May my faith never fail in the face of life's worst challenges. I pray that as I live and when I die, that you, O LORD, will always be glorified in me. I genuinely believe that whether I live or die, I am yours, O LORD. In Jesus' name, I rejoice in this truth. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. —Romans 14:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... One of the incredible realizations we have as Christians is that our relationship with the LORD is...
Replies
0
Views
104
  • Article Article
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. —Romans 15:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I hate racism and exclusivity. But my loathing does not match God's revulsion at these things. On the other hand, we can anticipate the choir of heaven (Revelation...
Replies
0
Views
97
  • Article Article
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. —Romans 14:11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We live in anticipation of the day when every knee in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that...
Replies
0
Views
220
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,043
Messages
16,794,677
Members
649,602
Latest member
Slohold

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom