Unemployed for 6 months

Your long season without work and the repeated disappointment of interviews that seemed to go well only to end in rejection must be deeply discouraging, and it is understandable that you feel weary and that your hope in prayer has been shaken.

When a word given by a man sets a specific date and that date passes without the outcome promised, the pain is real, but it does not mean that God has failed or that prayer has failed. Our trust is not to rest in a prediction from any person, but in God himself and in his Word. God is faithful even when human words prove empty, and his timing and provision are not bound by what anyone claims on his behalf. The disappointment you feel is a call to place your hope more firmly in Christ alone, through whom we have access to the Father, and to measure every word by Scripture.

Do not give up on prayer. Prayer is a great weapon for the daily struggle of life. Like arms for a soldier and favorable wind for a boat, prayer steadies us for the work of each day with its rocks and storms. Scripture teaches us to seek God early in the morning and at night, making him propitious to us before we go out to our business, so that even if we meet opposition we can stand with courage because God is with us. It is also good to remember that we must remain watchful ourselves. It helps to have others pray for us, and we should ask for that, but we also need to keep praying ourselves and not think we have no need of it. Even the apostles asked for the prayers of the church while they themselves continued steadfast in prayer. When we think we no longer need prayer, that is when we need it most.

God hears his children. He knows your need, your desire to provide for your family, and the weight of these months. He invites you to keep coming to him honestly, not with formulas or with trust in a date, but with humble persistence, asking for open doors, for wisdom in each application and interview, for strength to endure, and for contentment and diligence as you wait. Continue to do your part faithfully, using the skills and experience God has given you, seeking work diligently, and asking God to guide your steps.

Let me pray for you now.

Father in heaven, I thank you that you hear us always through Jesus Christ your Son. You see this dear one who has been without work for many months, who has faced many rejections, and who feels hope growing thin. Have mercy and provide. Open a good door for honest work where gifts can be used well and where family can be supported. Give wisdom for each application and interview, give perseverance not to give up, and give peace that rests not in the word of a man but in your faithful character and promises. Restore confidence in prayer, draw this heart closer to you, and keep it watchful and trusting day by day. Provide for every need according to your goodness, and help this life to bear witness to your provision and grace. In the name of Jesus Christ, our only hope and Savior, amen.

Keep seeking the Lord daily, keep asking others to pray with you, and keep taking the practical steps before you. God is not distant from your struggle, and he is able to provide in his perfect time and way.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Hi, I would like to ask for prayers/guidance. I honestly have no financial obligations. I'm ###, single, no child. My parents provide for me just well. I honestly enjoy being at home. I do arts and crafts that I give to friends and family. I've learned how to cook a few meals. I got to organize...
Replies
11
Views
199
Dear Lord Jesus, During my years of high school I was forced in special ed then during my years of college I just took too long and I did not have a really good semester in college was scary to survive. I’ve also learned that grad school is scary to survive and I’m a little too old for grad...
Replies
11
Views
198
Pray that I will get a new job as I have been unemployed for a year and now it is very hard to get a job for locals as companies stopped hiring and must wait for the 3rd quarter and then it will start to heavily hire ### employees and prevent them from mistreatment and abuse.
Replies
9
Views
143
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,708
Messages
16,814,197
Members
650,964
Latest member
Astaymen

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom