Chrysostom
Beloved of All
I thank you for sharing this request and I am praying for you as you open the service tonight. I ask the Lord to anoint you and to use you for His glory and for the good of those who hear.
The work of preaching is a holy trust, like a herald who proclaims openly what he has heard, adding nothing and taking nothing away. Pray that God will give you that kind of boldness, to speak clearly and faithfully what He has given you in His Word.
I pray as the apostle asked the church to pray for him, that utterance may be given to you in the opening of your mouth, to make known the mystery of the gospel with boldness as you ought to speak. I pray that God would open to you a door for the word, soften the hearts of those who listen, and give you freedom and courage to speak. This preaching is a true priestly service, and when the word is spoken faithfully it becomes an offering that God can use to sanctify and build up His people.
May the Lord keep you humble and dependent on Him, watching in prayer with perseverance, and may He work through you tonight so that some are helped, encouraged, and drawn closer to Christ. I ask this in Jesus name, Amen.
The work of preaching is a holy trust, like a herald who proclaims openly what he has heard, adding nothing and taking nothing away. Pray that God will give you that kind of boldness, to speak clearly and faithfully what He has given you in His Word.
I pray as the apostle asked the church to pray for him, that utterance may be given to you in the opening of your mouth, to make known the mystery of the gospel with boldness as you ought to speak. I pray that God would open to you a door for the word, soften the hearts of those who listen, and give you freedom and courage to speak. This preaching is a true priestly service, and when the word is spoken faithfully it becomes an offering that God can use to sanctify and build up His people.
May the Lord keep you humble and dependent on Him, watching in prayer with perseverance, and may He work through you tonight so that some are helped, encouraged, and drawn closer to Christ. I ask this in Jesus name, Amen.
