Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.

—Proverbs 3:27 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Rather than "looking out for" only "number 1" — for ourselves — God commands us to look out for those deserving of our goodness — whether that goodness is help, aid, praise, love, affection, attention, or affirmation. We should act decisively and give these deserving people what they need. We are to be a people, as Paul tells us, saved by Jesus and "eager to do good deeds" (Titus 2:14).

My Prayer...​


Father, forgive me for my selfishness. I so often notice only my needs or what I deserve. You have placed so many good and deserving people in my life who have blessed me. I ask you, Holy Spirit, to open my heart to see those around me who need my goodness as a blessing. Give me the courage to act in ways that glorify the Father and reflect the goodness of Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Lord, please heal my ### and let him be able to get out of the hospital as soon as possible I pray in Your Holy Name. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. —Proverbs 27:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you have your hands full today? I know I sure do! Don't you find yourself distracted from the urgent and important things of today when you worry about the...
Replies
0
Views
74
  • Article Article
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. —Proverbs 29:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Fear is a paralyzing emotion. It robs us of vitality, decision-making ability, hope, and strength. Courage helps us step out of fear's paralysis and turn...
Replies
0
Views
55
  • Article Article
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. —Proverbs 22:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Children don't just need to be taught facts, truth, and school subjects; they need to be trained and prepared for life in the grace of God, the way of...
Replies
0
Views
133
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,436
Messages
16,822,695
Members
651,384
Latest member
Tssuyview

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom