Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.

Proverbs 3:27 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Rather than "looking out for" only "number 1" — for ourselves — God commands us to look out for those deserving of our goodness — whether that goodness is help, aid, praise, love, affection, attention, or affirmation. We should act decisively and give these deserving people what they need. We are to be a people, as Paul tells us, saved by Jesus and "eager to do good deeds" (Titus 2:14).

My Prayer...​

Father, forgive me for my selfishness. I so often notice only my needs or what I deserve. You have placed so many good and deserving people in my life who have blessed me. I ask you, Holy Spirit, to open my heart to see those around me who need my goodness as a blessing. Give me the courage to act in ways that glorify the Father and reflect the goodness of Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil. —Proverbs 4:27 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When I see someone swerving in and out of their lane during heavy traffic, I immediately go into a defensive driving mode. Whether they are drunk, sleepy, distracted, or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. —Romans 3:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's salvation leaves us no room for boasting. We couldn't live...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. —Ephesians 4:26-27 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Pent-up anger is an explosion waiting to happen. Sooner or later, the pent-up frustration will explode, either in our own lives or into the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. —James 4:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... James' brother, Jesus, taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). If we have the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom