Today's Verse - Philippians 2:3 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Philippians 2:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Humility is recognizing who we would be without God's grace and using that recognition to serve and redeem others. Living in humility as Jesus did, we don't just practice the golden rule but go one step better — we treat others better than we would treat ourselves. Are we instructed to do this because we're unworthy or unfit? No! Jesus was worthy and glorious, but he chose to treat others better than himself when he sacrificed himself to redeem all of us. It's a high standard. It's a demanding standard. It is not for wimps or pretenders. But it is a must for all of Jesus' disciples. Why? Genuine humility is ultimately glorious. (Hint: Read down through Philippians 2:10 and remember that the same type of reward will be given to the faithful!)

My Prayer...​

Almighty God, thank you for adopting me as your child and making me holy and precious. Please help me to see myself as you do, and then, as one of your precious children, empower me by the Holy Spirit to serve others in ways that help them see your glory. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Philippians 2:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Humility is recognizing who we would be without God's grace and using that recognition to serve and redeem others. Living in humility as Jesus did, we don't just practice the golden rule but go one step better — we treat others better than we would treat ourselves. Are we instructed to do this because we're unworthy or unfit? No! Jesus was worthy and glorious, but he chose to treat others better than himself when he sacrificed himself to redeem all of us. It's a high standard. It's a demanding standard. It is not for wimps or pretenders. But it is a must for all of Jesus' disciples. Why? Genuine humility is ultimately glorious. (Hint: Read down through Philippians 2:10 and remember that the same type of reward will be given to the faithful!)

My Prayer...​

Almighty God, thank you for adopting me as your child and making me holy and precious. Please help me to see myself as you do, and then, as one of your precious children, empower me by the Holy Spirit to serve others in ways that help them see your glory. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Help us o Lord to be humble and true to Your word. Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. —Philippians 4:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you prayed and didn't request anything from God? You simply thanked and praised God. Why not use today as a day of thanks and praise? Don't ask for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. —Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences I have allowed into my life. If these conveniences were to vanish suddenly, could I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. —Philippians 4:9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I genuinely hope my life reflects what I say and teach. What a great statement to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. —Ephesians 4:2-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Effort, sweat, and dedication seem to have become the profanity of Western Christianity...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. —Psalm 5:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When I read this verse, I remember Richard Melton, a beloved elder in a church where I once preached and a dedicated prayer...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom