Today's Verse - Philippians 3:14 (KJV)

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

—Philippians 3:14 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


I've been told that the way to walk a tightrope is to keep one's eyes focused on the goal, never looking down at the ground or over one's shoulder at what lies behind. I know that is a pretty good way to live life - to keep our eyes focused on Jesus and his victory, which awaits us when he returns. We must not allow ourselves to look over our shoulder, focusing on our past successes or failures. Our goal must be to keep walking toward Jesus until we are transformed to be like him, and then walk with him into glory (Colossians 3:2-3; 1 John 3:1-3).

My Prayer...​


Glorious and gracious LORD, I look forward to the day when you call me by name, as I see you face-to-face, and as you walk hand in hand with me in glory. Until that day, I ask the Holy Spirit to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and what you want me to do and become. By your grace and in the holy name of Jesus, I ask this. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. —Philippians 3:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... No matter what any passport says, if we are a disciple of Jesus, there is no earthly country that can hold us, no borders that can fully...
Replies
0
Views
94
  • Article Article
Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. —Philippians 4:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... True and lasting joy is found in the LORD, not in temporary things, momentary achievements, or fleeting riches. True joy, abiding joy, unconquerable joy is found in knowing that God always...
Replies
0
Views
103
  • Article Article
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. —Philippians 2:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... While our...
Replies
0
Views
97
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,782
Messages
16,780,944
Members
648,342
Latest member
Scxeihaven

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom