Today's Verse - Philippians 2:5-8 (KJV)

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

—Philippians 2:5-8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


"LORD, humble us gently." That is one of my friends' favorite prayer requests. I like it, too. I want to be humbled, but not humiliated. Thank God, however, Jesus was willing to be humbled, but not gently humbled. He humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!He was willing to be humiliated to save us! I hate that he went through such agony. I grieve that his self-emptying humility was stark, brutal, drastic, humiliating, and outrageous. Jesus' self-sacrificing love challenges me to have the same attitude as he had! Jesus' example challenges me to examine what I am willing to give up and endure to forgive those who have wounded me. I am humbled by Jesus' love for me, so I ask myself what I am willing to do to serve and reach others who are lost.

My Prayer...​


God, you are all-powerful, and yet you emptied yourself to redeem me. May I be more selfless in my attitude and treatment of others, more like Jesus has been with me. Dear LORD, I need an infusion, a special empowering of the Holy Spirit, so I can be humble and live before others with the same self-emptying "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" as the Spirit transforms to be more like my Savior (Galatians 5:22-23; 2 Corinthians 3:18). In Christ Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. —Philippians 2:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... While our...
Replies
0
Views
98
  • Article Article
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. —Philippians 2:3-4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember one of the earliest...
Replies
0
Views
70
  • Article Article
Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. —Philippians 4:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... True and lasting joy is found in the LORD, not in temporary things, momentary achievements, or fleeting riches. True joy, abiding joy, unconquerable joy is found in knowing that God always...
Replies
0
Views
103
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,926
Messages
16,793,692
Members
649,498
Latest member
Astior

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom