Today's Verse - John 6:66 (KJV)

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

—John 6:66 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


This verse haunts me. Many folks gave up following Jesus when things became hard for them to understand, or he said things they did not think were possible. When he shattered their preconceived notions of religious things or confronted them about their motives, they left and gave up following him. What will I do when things get difficult in my discipleship and I can't figure out all the answers to what is going on? I hope, pray, and trust that I will follow until the way and the will of the LORD become clearer!

My Prayer...​


Awesome God, I confess openly that I cannot begin to understand all the complexities of your will and how you work in our world. But Father, when I'm confused, please bring people into my life who will help me hang on to my faith until the confusion passes. And today, dear LORD, please use me to help bless people struggling with their faith. In Jesus' name, I ask it. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
It is really sad to see people leaving church and Jesus and never come again. Some marry an unbeliever and they leave us for good. O Lord, save them and bring them back again to Yourself. Amen
 
Amen so true I'm really struggling and sometimes I even feel a bit vex at God but I will never deny Him or His wonderful life giving Son, Jesus. If the persecuted church in ### and ### etc can soldier on through their much worse times so can we.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. —John 6:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you believe in Jesus - not just "kinda believe" in Jesus, but do you really believe? Years ago, shortly after ### came back from his mission...
Replies
0
Views
87
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. —John 14:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... At many Christian funerals and memorials, the preacher emphasizes that Jesus has gone...
Replies
0
Views
101
  • Article Article
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. —John 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Truth is seen in...
Replies
0
Views
113
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,291
Messages
16,820,845
Members
651,303
Latest member
Myrurin

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom