Today's Verse - John 6:27 (KJV)

Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

—John 6:27 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


What are you spending the considerable bulk of your life working to attain? Is it a position, a promotion, a sense of importance, a secure lifestyle, a nest egg for retirement, or something else that feels important? If it can be taken from you, or you can be removed from it, then it's not very permanent, is it? Only what Jesus gives us is genuinely lasting because it comes to us as a gift from God's grace. So how can you be more fully invested in work that "endures to eternal life"?

My Prayer...​


Un-cloud my thinking, dear God, so that I may more clearly see what it is that I'm working for in my life. Help me find ways to invest myself, "my" time, and "my" money in those things that are eternal. But, dear Father, I must confess that I will need your help to find my significance in my relationship with you and not in what I do, produce, and accomplish. Please forgive and strengthen me as I commit to seek you above all other things. In the name of Jesus, your Son and my Savior, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

—John 6:27 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


What are you spending the considerable bulk of your life working to attain? Is it a position, a promotion, a sense of importance, a secure lifestyle, a nest egg for retirement, or something else that feels important? If it can be taken from you, or you can be removed from it, then it's not very permanent, is it? Only what Jesus gives us is genuinely lasting because it comes to us as a gift from God's grace. So how can you be more fully invested in work that "endures to eternal life"?

My Prayer...​


Un-cloud my thinking, dear God, so that I may more clearly see what it is that I'm working for in my life. Help me find ways to invest myself, "my" time, and "my" money in those things that are eternal. But, dear Father, I must confess that I will need your help to find my significance in my relationship with you and not in what I do, produce, and accomplish. Please forgive and strengthen me as I commit to seek you above all other things. In the name of Jesus, your Son and my Savior, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Let us all work for eternal purposes of God on earth. Making a lot of money and having all the treasures of earth will not get us anywhere but to hells burning fire.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. —John 6:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you believe in Jesus - not just "kinda believe" in Jesus, but do you really believe? Years ago, shortly after ### came back from his mission...
Replies
0
Views
87
  • Article Article
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. —John 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Truth is seen in...
Replies
0
Views
114
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. —John 14:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... At many Christian funerals and memorials, the preacher emphasizes that Jesus has gone...
Replies
0
Views
101
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,312
Messages
16,821,119
Members
651,319
Latest member
Yayrandaire

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom