Today's Verse - Exodus 23:12 (KJV)

Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.

—Exodus 23:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Refreshed! Boy, that's often hard any time, but being refreshed is especially hard in August. It's either the dead of summer or the dead of winter, depending on which side of the equator we find ourselves. Either place, we need to follow God's example of taking a day to rest each week and keep it as a holy time to draw near to him (Exodus 20:11). We need to hear God's desire for us to be refreshed by resting on a day dedicated to him, and to allow those around us to rest and be refreshed in his presence, grace, and rest, as well.

My Prayer...​


Forgive me, God, for allowing myself to become so busy at being busy that I don't intentionally take time to be refreshed in your rest. Teach me gently, Father, that I need this weekly rest in your presence and with my family to be all you want me to be and all I can be. Restore my soul, dear Father, and fill me with your restoring and refreshing joy from the Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.

—Exodus 23:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Refreshed! Boy, that's often hard any time, but being refreshed is especially hard in August. It's either the dead of summer or the dead of winter, depending on which side of the equator we find ourselves. Either place, we need to follow God's example of taking a day to rest each week and keep it as a holy time to draw near to him (Exodus 20:11). We need to hear God's desire for us to be refreshed by resting on a day dedicated to him, and to allow those around us to rest and be refreshed in his presence, grace, and rest, as well.

My Prayer...​


Forgive me, God, for allowing myself to become so busy at being busy that I don't intentionally take time to be refreshed in your rest. Teach me gently, Father, that I need this weekly rest in your presence and with my family to be all you want me to be and all I can be. Restore my soul, dear Father, and fill me with your restoring and refreshing joy from the Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Let us all obey God's word. Rest in the arms of Jesus on the day He said to rest. Blessings and help will come to those who obey the voice of the Lord.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. —Isaiah 43:11-12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Peter reminded us that we...
Replies
0
Views
82
  • Article Article
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. —Matthew 5:11-12 (KJV) Thoughts on...
Replies
0
Views
56
  • Article Article
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. —1 John 5:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This statement is both a reminder of God's glorious grace and also of our need to share that grace with others. Life is such a precious gift; it would be a shame...
Replies
0
Views
87
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,312
Messages
16,821,119
Members
651,319
Latest member
Yayrandaire

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom