The most amazing thing about God is not that ...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Psyonide
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Psyonide

Guest
The most amazing thing about God is not that He died for me, though I am thankful for that. No, the most amazing thing about God is that He knows everything about me; every thought I’ve ever had, every word I’ve ever said, everything I’ve ever done, and yet despite of this, He loves me. And not like some distant relative who sends you the odd birthday card and might be interested in what you’ve been up to every now and then.

My God loves like a first-time father, that can’t quite believe that this little bundle is His. He smiles at my oddities, laughs at my silly moments or at my rubbish jokes, lifts me up on His shoulders proudly when I ride my bike for the first time or say my alphabet without any mistakes. He’s eager to hear what I’ve been up today, and He tears up over the little things, like the first time I say His name, or say ‘I love you daddy’.

It doesn’t matter that my drawings are stick figures, or that the writing is illegible, you’ll still find them pinned proudly to His fridge. It doesn’t matter that at sports day I trip over the hurdles and end up last in the 100 meters, He’s there cheering me on and congratulating me at the finish line. It doesn’t even matter when I break something important to Him and run to Him crying saying that I’m sorry and I didn’t mean to, He just lets me sit on His lap and holds me tight, telling me that It’s okay, that He still loves me.

It’s this love, that holds me tight when I’m afraid, lost, upset or simply just need someone, that is the most amazing thing about my God.

Thank You God that You love us all like this, like Your precious children.
 
Our God of peace, you have taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved, in quietness and in confidence shall be our strength: By the might of your Spirit answer this request, we pray of you, so we may be still and know that you are God; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
Child of God Let’s Pray…God In Jesus’ name let Your perfect will be done in my life and in the lives of those that I love and care about. Help me to always trust in You and Your perfect timing. God may I come to know You better and fall more in love with You. Strengthen me to always live a lifestyle shaped by the Word of God. Help me to always start my day with praise, prayer, and thanksgiving unto You. God bless me, protect me, and cause Your face to shine upon me today, tomorrow, and for always. God all that I have asked of You in this prayer, please do the same for those I love, care about, and the writer of this prayer. Amen, So Be It, And It Is So!

Encourager ###, ###, ###
 
May God be with you, hear your prayer and meet your needs. I have prayed for this and to God be the Glory.
 
Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer. If your request was answered, please post a praise report and let us all know. If your request does not seem to have been answered, please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer. We all hope that our prayers are answered in the way that we want. Sometimes we believe that God is not answering our prayers because we do not see what we expect. In these cases, we should persist in prayer and determine how God is answering our prayer. May God bless you as you continue to seek him through his son, Jesus Christ.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE MARRIAGE ENCOURAGEMENT PODCAST! In this first week of our Marriage After God 30-week devotional series, we’re asking a powerful question: Does your marriage reflect the gospel—the amazing love and grace of God? As humans, we long for purpose. It’s built into our...
Replies
0
Views
353
I know I've posted several prayer requests about the man I'm in love with. God has been sending me incredible signs lately! Last time, I wrote about an amazing opportunity he had with his job. That turned out really well! I've mentioned before that he's a performer. This opportunity means his...
Replies
9
Views
434
  • Article Article
I’ve been hearing more and more from spouses refused sex for a long time in their marriage. They are understandably disheartened and frustrated, but some are also angry. Not just angry with their spouses, but angry with me and other Christians for letting their spouse off the hook. What they...
Replies
0
Views
227
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,342
Messages
16,787,292
Members
648,921
Latest member
Chraurlainran

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom