Struggling father

Scaumoor

Disciple of Prayer
I am a father . I am struggling to keep my head high . I brought in a baby girl to this world I am struggling to provide . I had a job but suddenly was laid off after returning from parental leave . It has been over a year of trying to find new employment . I have been looking high and low . I admit I have not turned to god until now because I feel like I’m at a dead end . I try to stay positive but my spirit is breaking . I pursued my dream career in law enforcement and things didn’t work out . I have made friends with people in that process and I smile for them but my path is unclear . I accepted that my unemployment has ran out . I had a job I thought for sure not a dream job but as a delivery driver . I got news today i did not get the job . I am broken .

A friend told me to seek legal action on my former employer. I happened to choose the wrong law firm because they sued my company for a substantial amount then dropped the case . I was told that that law firm was a shady firm and it only complicated it and no other law firm wants to take over someone else’s case . I was never expecting that but I just can’t believe my luck as of late .

I can’t even get a part time job . I’m so eager to work I can’t even enjoy my daughters because I’m just constantly worrying about money. I feel like a loser , everyone tells me it’s ok but it’s really not . I’m a grown man that’s dying inside . I’m not happy and I just want a job so I can make money for my kids . I live in the Bay Area and can’t even grasp a 50k a year job and it’s just plain out sad .

I apologize coming to god only when I’m in a time of need . At this point I don’t know what else to do . I wish I could quit but it’s not an option . My true want for something better just breaks me down because I nothing I do is working . Please god if your out there know I’m trying and I really need help now I can’t do this much longer I’m breaking down.

I know my wife knows I’m stressed but I can’t truely say how I’m feeling because I don’t want to drag her down with my newly acquired negative outlook .
 
We have read your request and our hearts are moved by your honesty and your pain. We hear a father who loves his baby girl and his wife deeply and who longs to provide, to work with his hands, and to walk in dignity, and we are standing with you in prayer together before our Father in Jesus' name.

We thank you for admitting that you had not turned to God until now and for apologizing for coming only in a time of need. Please hear that we do not rebuke you for coming to Him now, we rejoice that you are coming at all. Our God is not distant or reluctant. He is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit Psalm 34:18. He invites all who labor and are heavily burdened to come to Him, and He will give rest Matthew 11:28. Like the prodigal son, the Father runs to meet the one who turns toward home, no matter how late. Yet we do want to lovingly correct what you wrote when you said please God if you are out there. He is there, He is not far from any of us, and He is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble Psalm 46:1. There is no such thing as luck in the life of a believer, for we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose Romans 8:28. What has felt like bad luck, including the painful layoff after parental leave and the disappointment with the law firm, is seen by God and can be redeemed by Him.

We also notice you did not mention the name of Jesus Christ in your request, and we must speak plainly about this because it is the most important truth we can share. It is only by the name of Jesus that we have access to God. Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me John 14:6. There is salvation in none other, for neither is there any other name under heaven, that is given among men, by which we must be saved Acts 4:12. If you have never before placed your trust in Him, we encourage you to confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, and you will be saved Romans 10:9. He died for our sins and rose again so that we could be forgiven and brought near to God, not just in crisis but for all of eternity and for every day of this life.

We want to honor the godly desire you have to provide. Your longing to work and to care for your wife and daughter reflects the heart God has given a husband and father. If anyone does not provide for his own, and especially his own household, he has denied the faith 1 Timothy 5:8. Your eagerness even for a delivery driver job or part time work is honorable in God's eyes. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might Ecclesiastes 9:10, and whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men Colossians 3:23. Do not despise humble work, for God sees diligence and faithfulness even when employers do not. We also encourage you not to grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up Galatians 6:9.

We gently rebuke the isolation you have placed on yourself by hiding your true feelings from your wife. Marriage is a lifelong covenant between a man and a woman ordained by God, and you and your wife are one flesh called to bear one another's burdens. You are called to love your wife even as Christ also loved the church Ephesians 5:25, and that love includes honest, gentle communication, not protecting her by shutting her out. She already knows you are stressed. Let her in. Let her pray with you, weep with you, and stand with you. You are not a loser for struggling. Your worth is not in a paycheck or a job title, but in being made in God's image and, if you are in Christ, being His beloved child. When you feel you are dying inside, remember His promise that His grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness 2 Corinthians 12:9.

We understand the weight of living in the Bay Area and not being able to grasp even a 50k a year job, the sting of rejection after rejection, and the frustration of a legal situation made more complicated by an unwise choice of counsel. We encourage you to seek wise, godly counsel going forward, perhaps from a local church pastor or a trusted legal aid ministry, and to commit your way to the Lord. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight Proverbs 3:5-6. Your dream of law enforcement not working out as you hoped does not mean your path is unclear to God. He still has a purpose for your life and your work.

We also urge you not to let constant worry steal the joy of these early days with your daughter. We know the anxiety about money is heavy, but we are told do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus Philippians 4:6-7. Cast all your worries on him, because he cares for you 1 Peter 5:7. Do not be anxious, saying What will we eat or What will we drink. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first God's Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well Matthew 6:31-33. And our God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus Philippians 4:19.

We are praying together for you now.

Father, in the name of Jesus Christ we lift up this husband and father to You. You see his broken spirit, his year of searching, his disappointment today, and his love for his wife and his baby girl. Forgive him for trying to walk alone and welcome him as he turns to You now. Save him, wash him in the blood of Jesus, and let him know he has access to Your throne of grace through Christ alone. Give him Your peace that passes understanding to guard his heart and mind. Heal his discouragement and lift his head. Provide for this family according to Your riches, open a door for honest work, even if it is humble work, that he may provide with dignity. Give him and his wife unity and open communication, that they may bear this burden together and love each other well. Give him wisdom regarding the employment and legal matters, and direct his steps to the right people and the right opportunity in Your perfect timing. Let him find his identity and strength not in employment but in You, and let him taste the joy of his daughters again without the weight of fear. We ask that You make his path straight and use even this trial to draw him closer to You. In Jesus' name we pray, amen.

We encourage you to keep seeking honest work daily, to stay humble and willing, to gather with a local Bible believing church where you can be known and supported, to read the Word daily, and to pray openly with your wife each day. God has not forgotten you. Keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking, and keep trusting the One who hears.
 
We read your note and we have been thinking about you. Carrying a new baby girl, a wife you love, and a year of closed doors in one of the most expensive places to live would wear down anyone. It makes sense you feel broken and that your spirit feels thin right now.

Please don't apologize for turning to God in a time of need. That is exactly when He invites us to come. He is not keeping score on timing, He sees a father who is trying hard and who loves his family deeply.

A lot of what you are feeling is common when work is taken away. A job is more than income, it shapes how we see ourselves, and when it is gone we can quickly feel like we have failed as a man and as a provider. You have not. Wanting so badly to provide does not make you a loser, it shows how seriously you take your responsibility.

It also makes sense you don't want to burden your wife, but carrying this alone will only make the worry heavier. You don't have to pour out everything at once, but letting her in a little at a time in an honest, calm moment can keep you from drifting apart under the pressure.

If it would help, we encourage you to reach out for practical support alongside prayer, a local workforce center, a church employment ministry, or a trusted community agency in the Bay Area can help with applications, connections, and budgeting while unemployment has run out. You don't have to navigate all the financial pieces alone.

Father, we lift this dad to You in Jesus' name. You see his love for his daughters and his wife and how hard he has tried. Give him rest tonight, steady hope for tomorrow, wisdom for the next right step, and remind him he is valued and not alone. Provide for this family according to Your will and draw him close as he seeks You. Amen.
 
God he knows our needs. Sometimes he withholds things from us and we have to suffer or wait a long time becausw the plans he has for you is better than expected. Its our duty to keep on praying and believing even when we want to give up and I've felt overwhelmed and ready to give up and die more times than I can count. Thanks to God I'm still alive and here. Thank you Father for my life. May heavenly Father guide you to the right job only continue in prayer to seek him. In Lord Yeshuas name. Amen.
 
God he knows our needs. Sometimes he withholds things from us and we have to suffer or wait a long time becausw the plans he has for you is better than expected. Its our duty to keep on praying and believing even when we want to give up and I've felt overwhelmed and ready to give up and die more times than I can count. Thanks to God I'm still alive and here. Thank you Father for my life. May heavenly Father guide you to the right job only continue in prayer to seek him. In Lord Yeshuas name. Amen.
God he knows our needs. Sometimes he withholds things from us and we have to suffer or wait a long time becausw the plans he has for you is better than expected. Its our duty to keep on praying and believing even when we want to give up and I've felt overwhelmed and ready to give up and die more times than I can count. Thanks to God I'm still alive and here. Thank you Father for my life. May heavenly Father guide you to the right job only continue in prayer to seek him. In Lord Yeshuas name. Amen.
I’m glad you never gave up . Thank you for your message amen
 
Your honest and broken cry has been heard, and there is no need to apologize for coming to God only now in your time of need. That is where many have first truly come to Him, at the end of themselves, when strength and self reliance have failed. The Father does not turn away the one who comes weary and heavy laden, for access is given by one Spirit unto the Father through Jesus Christ, and in Him there is an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous.

You feel as a father who cannot provide, who cannot keep his head high, who smiles for friends while dying inside. Hear this truth well, when the Divine Father is viewed aright He becomes the object of our gratitude, not of our dread. He is not a hard master watching to condemn you for your late coming. He says, He that has seen Me has seen the Father, and the Father Himself loves you. The love of the Father is in all respects equal to the love of the Son. You know in some small measure what it is to love your baby girl, to want to give her every good thing though you have little to give. You shall find Him a better Father than you will be to your own children, a better Father than the best of fathers could ever be to the best beloved of sons. He knows what you require today and what you will require in the unknown future, and He invites you as a child to trust Him and leave it all to Him.

Do not think that the sovereignty of God should discourage your seeking. Rather say with our Lord, Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. Your way through law enforcement did not open, the delivery work closed, the legal action became tangled, and even part time work has not come. These are bitter disappointments, and it is plain and sad to labour in a costly place like the Bay Area and not find fifty thousand a year to keep your family. Yet the doctrine that God reigns does not mean He has forgotten you. It means your life is not governed by luck, good or bad. Your luck has not failed you, for your life is in the hands of a righteous Father who does all things well, though we cannot yet see how. What seems now like a dead end may be the very place where He teaches you to call upon Him as Abba, Father, a word in which there is Heaven itself, for there is all you need, all you can ask, all your necessities can demand.

You write that you feel like a loser and that you cannot truly tell your wife how you feel for fear of dragging her down. In marriage, which God has ordained as the lifelong covenant of one man and one woman, you are not meant to bear this alone. To hide your burden from her is not to protect her but to deny her the place God gave her to walk beside you, to pray with you, and to bear the yoke with you. Go to her in honesty and humility, not to pour out despair without hope, but to say, I am breaking and I need you to pray with me and to stand with me before the Lord. And go to the Lord together.

You asked if God is out there and if He knows you are trying. He does know, and He sees not only your trying but your heart. If you have not turned to God until now, understand that salvation and acceptance are not by trying, but by trusting His Son. If we confess we have sinned and surrender our poor sinful souls into His dear hands, we find fellowship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. For Christ's sake, because you are found in Him, you shall be approved of the Father. Come then first for mercy for your soul, and then for daily bread.

Do not let the enemy tell you to quit. You rightly said it is not an option, for God has given you a wife and children to love and to provide for, and that calling is holy. Continue to seek any honest work with diligence, though it be not your dream. The Lord often provides through humble means while He prepares the heart for greater things. Seek wise and godly counsel concerning the legal matter and do not pursue revenge, but commit your cause to Him who judges righteously.

Keep praying. There is a father here who has been pleading with God for years and thinks his prayer is unheard, yet God hears. Pull that rope again tonight, praying father. Make the great bell in Heaven ring again and again with this note, Father, provide for my children, sustain my wife, give me work for my hands, and give me Thyself. Your prayers shall be heard and God shall yet grant your requests in His perfect time and way.

I will pray for you now. O righteous Father, Thou hast not been known by this weary man as Thou desirest to be known, but now reveal Thyself to him in mercy. Forgive his sins for the sake of Jesus Thy Beloved, and receive him as a son. Let him know that he is accepted in the Beloved. Give him daily strength to rise and seek work, give him humility to take what Thou providest, give him and his wife unity and tender speech to one another, and give them bread and peace. Guard his mind from despair and lift up his head by Thy grace. May he learn to say, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and find that Thou dealest with him according to Thy riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I’m at risk of losing one of my jobs, I’m trying to find an affordable car while also working on my relationship with god. I feel so out f touch with him and my mind is kind of wandering. I feel lost and don’t know what t do
Replies
12
Views
158
I am trying so hard, but the more I do the right thing, the more problems I am having. I pray, attend church, and read the bible. I do my best to help others but the problems linger and I am requesting prayer. First I ask for prayer for the mentally ill client that threatened me on the phone...
Replies
15
Views
192
Getting tempted and not liking it have slipped a few times more then I would like too, I really need your prayers please, I am living in wrong country I know this and have known for years and something like witchcraft or curses seems to stop me from wanting to move forward, I never had any role...
Replies
13
Views
255
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,953
Messages
16,793,975
Members
649,535
Latest member
Valuezourrad

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom