Son ### In College

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marie11

Guest
Please pray for my son who is several states away at college for the first time. Pray that he will be surrounded by Godly friends, who will give him a desire to know God more, by the testimony of their lives. Help him to see the joy that is found only in a relationship with God. My son is a Christian, however, over the past year or two has had some moments of going down the wrong path in life. I pray that he will resist the temptations to find joy or happiness in things that are only fleeting, but instead to have an overwhelming desire to know God, and find his joy in Him alone. I pray that he will desire to use his talents for God's glory and be a witness and an encouragement to those around him. Help him learn to speak the truth in love and open his heart and mind to the Holy Spirit and be drawn to God in his life. I pray that he will find a church home away from home, where he can grow in Christ and become the Godly man that God can use in a mighty way. I pray that God will watch over, and protect him physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I pray that I will be a better distant parent and that I will know how to let go and let God do a mighty work in his life. I also pray that he will continue to hear God's voice in his life and know he is loved by Him. I pray that a Godly man will feel led to walk alongside him and become an example of how to be a Godly man, and to be a father figure in his life. I pray for the healing of the hurt he has because of the lack of a father figure in his life, the past several years.
 
In Jesus Name I pray:

Lord we thank You for opportunity and success of her son and we ask that You wrap Your arms around him continuously and guide his every steps as he begins a new step in his life. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen!
 
Dear Father Almighty we pray for Mother ### and her son...Forgive her son's sins and lead him into salvation...Protect him and save him....Fulfill his mother's will as per your will in Jesus Name...AMEN!!!
 
Dear Lord, Please walk with this young man, be his guide, his friend, let him choose you. And bring peace and comfort to this ###. In Jesus name, Amen
 
Child of God,

I have asked God to honor Your Prayer Request in Jesus’ name. .

God Bless You. Keep your focus on God & Obey God’s Word. Obedience brings blessings and the favor of God upon your life. God honors obedience.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue to pray for my son,.. he is far away and has money, a car, and a holiday weekend ahead. In the past he used drugs recreationally, and I am trying to have faith that he has left this behind, but there have been a few things happen lately that have me concerned. He doesn't really think it's wrong, only stopped because it has a stiffer penalty in this state, and he wants to do well in college. Thank you everyone for your prayers this morning.

My son also has very little relationship with his Dad and I pray that he will look to his heavenly father for wisdom, love, and encouragement. He is also very talented in many ways, and enjoys using those talents in church; however, in down moments or when he is not feeling accepted by the current crowd, I think it is easy for him to find, seek out those of a different crowd, that allows him to have those "happy moments" that I believe could lead him into serious trouble.

I was more at peace today after I prayed this morning and posted. I know God is in control and I know He answers prayer. I will pray every day and all day, for my son, I feel that some of his hurt is my fault due to the failed marriage. I know God can heal those hurts as He is doing a healing work in me as well. I think my son is also just trying to be independent and be a little rebellious as teens do. I pray that my son will break the cycle of abuse. He so wants to be a great father. I also hope he will keep his current commitment to remain pure before marriage, and to leave all drugs and alcohol alone. I also ask for protection as he drives around town at college and that he will be attentive. I pray that he will be well, and get the rest he needs and not stay up late all night every night anyway.

Thanks again for the prayers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Everything I think about going back to college I start to get a ### and start being ###. I think that God wants me to take a different plan. I hadn't asked god if he wanted me to be a ###. I just assumed. I think that my next step is to concentrate on my ### and what gifts I have to offer.
Replies
10
Views
151
I would like some wise counsel about whether I should return to college or not. My stomach stops going tight when I say to myself that I'm not going to return. I was also finding the work really difficult. It was stressing me out.
Replies
12
Views
282
The courses that I will be studying at college will be English and maths. I will study for 2 hours on a Tuesday and 2 hours on a Thursday. I would like to go to university to be a mental health nurse. Please pray for me.
Replies
9
Views
119
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,121
Messages
16,807,479
Members
650,563
Latest member
Wionkerroth

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom