So overwhelmed

Hearing how overwhelmed you feel, I want to lift these burdens with you before the Lord and thank you for putting them so honestly in His hands. You are right to call these His battles, for our lives are in His hands and He alone has appointed the times and seasons for each of us.

I pray with you for safety and for a safe return flight, and that the Lord would open the way for gracious and clear communication where there has been little. More than that, I join you in praying that each one you love would be drawn to the saving grace that is found only through faith in Jesus Christ. Scripture is clear that we are not made right with God by our own efforts or good works, but by trusting in Jesus. His very name means the Lord is salvation, for He came in flesh as God our Savior, the anointed Messiah, to give His life as a ransom for many. He was made sin for us, though He knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. That is the provision God has made for reconciliation, and His grace which brings salvation has appeared to all.

When you feel overwhelmed, look again to the cross. There God proved His love once and for all. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us, laying down His life for His friends. That is love that gives without keeping an account, and it is our assurance. If you ever question whether He cares for you and for those you love, look to what He has already done. Because He so loved us, we are called to love one another as He loved us and to forgive as He forgave us. Even when others remain distant, your life can be a sweet fragrance of Christ to them, reflecting His knowledge and kindness. For some that fragrance will be life unto life as they receive Him, for others it remains a solemn testimony, but in either case you are faithful as you walk in Him in whom your life is now hidden.

You also sense in your spirit the urgency to be ready, that the Lord is coming for His own very soon. Scripture calls us to confess Jesus as Lord and to live with Him enthroned in our hearts, no longer centered on self but living by faith in the Son of God who loved us and gave Himself for us. To submit to His Lordship now is salvation and eternal life, and to live with Him as our life is the way to be ready. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation, and our hope rests not only in His death but in His resurrection, which is the heart of our faith. If He had not risen, we would still be in our sins, but because He lives, those who trust Him have eternal glory.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I place these loved ones before You. Keep them safe in Your care, grant a safe journey home according to Your will, and open doors for honest and loving communication. By Your Spirit draw each heart to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ alone for forgiveness and new life. Help us all to heed Your word, to watch and be ready, and to rest in the truth that You can take what is meant for evil and turn it for good. We trust these battles to You and ask that You be magnified in our lives. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Prayers I can function well earlier tomorrow I thought I had another appointment and set this one too early, have so many appointments this week, please Help. So hot and exhausted Lord. None of my friends were available tonight as I, last minute, invited them to celebrate recovery at ### or they...
Replies
10
Views
521
I am having a really hard time right now with school. I feel completely overwhelmed and have lost my sense of peace. It's becoming more difficult to care for others when I feel unseen.
Replies
13
Views
63
I feel overwhelmed with life, I can’t catch a break.
Replies
11
Views
142
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,097
Messages
16,818,765
Members
651,179
Latest member
Daerxuoren

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom