Nobody is reading this thread right now.

12-large.jpg

Do you know peace in your life?

[Jesus taught:] G"od blesses those who work for peace" (Matthew 5:9 NLT).

All summer, we watched tiny, exquisite, awe-inspiring hummingbirds feed from the tasty sugar water that my husband had so generously supplied to them. They would circle the feeder, suspend themselves in mid-air for a few seconds, and then dive straight to the tiny feeding troughs on each side. Their long beaks would soak up the juice. Swoop after swoop was made until they were full and would then flit away.

It is truly peaceful sitting at our kitchen table and observing God's beautiful handiwork in the form of minuscule hummingbirds. However ...

Fall is here now, and the hummingbirds understand it is time to fill their tummies before they head south for the winter. Hummingbirds are very territorial, so the fight to maintain control of the feeder begins. They zoom back and forth, trying to get to the food. Peace turns to chaos as the aggressive birds strike one another. War is raged in their pursuit of getting their time at the feeder. Gone is the serenity viewing the hummingbirds gave me during the summer.

Do you know peace in your life? Are you often belligerent and contentious with those around you? Or do you find your days filled with conflict?

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit, you may abound in hope (Romans 15:13).

What thoughts do you let fill your mind?

And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you (Philippians 4:8-9).

In our world of noise, confusion, and relentless pressures, we often long for peace. Peace comes as we allow the Holy Spirit to fill our lives and intentionally turn our anxieties over to God.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus(Philippians 4:6-7).

Jesus gives us peace, but we must be willing to accept it.

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful (Colossians 3:15).

Let God's peace guard your hearts and minds as you live in Him.

And now may God, who gives us his peace, be with you all. Amen (Romans 15:33).

Work hard at living in peace with others.

Try to live in peace with everyone, and seek to live a clean and holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

About the author: Melva Cooper is a member of the Just a Minute writing team.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
I absolutely adore hummingbirds smiling they are my favorites. Praise the Lord for the way they look and the way they buzz around. I honestly think I could watch them for hours and never get tired in fact I do. Laughing!!!!

I absolutely adore hummingbirds smiling they are my favorites. Praise the Lord for the way they look and the way they buzz around. I honestly think I could watch them for hours and never get tired in fact I do. Laughing!!!!
That is so true. Jesus created such wonders all around us. I like butterflies who love to touch each flower and stop at their door and knock. It is Gods wonderful work that comes to sight. Thank you Jesus for all those wonderful things You sent our way.

Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom