Proverbs Chapter 27

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 27

27:1 Don't boast yourself of tomorrow; For you don't know what a day may bring forth.

27:2 Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; A stranger, and not your own lips.

27:3 A stone is heavy, and the sand weighty; But a fool's vexation is heavier than both of them.

27:4 Wrath is cruel, and anger is overwhelming; But who is able to stand before jealousy?

27:5 Better is open rebuke Than love that is hidden.

27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; But the kisses of an enemy are profuse.

27:7 The full soul loathes a honeycomb; But to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

27:8 As a bird that wanders from her nest, So is a man who wanders from his place.

27:9 Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; So does the sweetness of a man's companion [that comes] of hearty counsel.

27:10 Your own companion, and your father's companion, do not forsake; And don't go to your brother's house in the day of your calamity: Better is a neighbor who is near than a brother far off.

27:11 My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, That I may answer him who reproaches me.

27:12 A prudent man sees the evil, [and] hides himself; [but] the simple pass on, [and] suffer for it.

27:13 Take his garment that is surety for a stranger; And hold him in pledge [who is surety] for a foreign woman.

27:14 He who blesses his fellow man with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, It will be counted a curse to him.

27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day And a contentious woman are alike:

27:16 He who would restrain her restrains the wind; And his right hand encounters oil.

27:17 Iron sharpens iron; So a man sharpens the countenance of his fellow man.

27:18 Whoever keeps the fig-tree will eat its fruit; And he who regards his master will be honored.

27:19 As in water face [answers] to face, So the heart of man to man.

27:20 Sheol and Abaddon are never satisfied; And the eyes of man are never satisfied.

27:21 The refining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold; And a man is [tried] by his praise.

27:22 Though you should bray a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with bruised grain, Yet his foolishness will not depart from him.

27:23 Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, [And] look well to your herds:

27:24 For riches are not forever: And does the crown endure to all generations?

27:25 The hay is carried, and the tender grass shows itself, And the herbs of the mountains are gathered in.

27:26 The lambs are for your clothing, And the goats are the price of the field;

27:27 And [there will be] goats' milk enough for your food, for the food of your household, And maintenance for your maidens.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
God is counting on you to make a difference in this Thaksgiving. Serve a meal to the hungry. Give coats and sweaters to those who are cold. Visit the shut ins and those who are laying on the nursing home beds. Cry out ot God that each member of our congregation will do our part in visiting the prisoners and the widows and their children. Jesus is there too waiting for you to come and give something to them. Do not boast of tomorrow. For you do not know what a day may bring forth. Prov. 27,1  Our lives are in Gods hands and we cannot stop death to take us to the grave however we have an eternal hope in God that we will reign with Him in glory. Let us start looking for that home above. Living pure lives and unspotted from the world. 

God is counting on you to make a difference in this Thaksgiving. Serve a meal to the hungry. Give coats and sweaters to those who are cold. Visit the shut ins and those who are laying on the nursing home beds. Cry out ot God that each member of our congregation will do our part in visiting the prisoners and the widows and their children. Jesus is there too waiting for you to come and give something to them. Do not boast of tomorrow. For you do not know what a day may bring forth. Prov. 27,1  Our lives are in Gods hands and we cannot stop death to take us to the grave however we have an eternal hope in God that we will reign with Him in glory. Let us start looking for that home above. Living pure lives and unspotted from the world. 

Guard and defend me from the foe malign. In deaths dread moments make me only thine. Call me and bid me come to Thee on high.  Where I may praise Thee with all the saints around.  Blessed Jesus, we want to be with you when you come for the second time to earth.  You are our hope. You are our everlasting Father.  Proverbs 27.11a  My son, be wise and make my heart glad.   Yes Jesus, it is You who are telling us to be wise and to use our time for your glory and honor.  Let us all make the heart of God so glad that He will bless us abundantly till we are not able to contain.  The joy of the Lord is our strenght.  He is the One who give us life and joy in our existence. 

Come near to God, and God will come near to you.  You sinners, clean sin out of your lives. You who are trying to follow God and the world at the same time, make your thinking pure.  James 4.8  I want to come near to the heart of Jesus all the time.  He conforts me and gives me joy in life.  If it wan not for Him, life will be so empty and without meaning.  Precious Jesus, forgive all of my sins that I have committed against You.  Cleanse me from  all iniquity.  Wash me with the precious blood of the Lamb.  I forsake the world and all its pleasures and material posesions. Make me pure as Thou art.  Proverbs 27.2   Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth. A stranger, and not your own lips.   when they see your good works, people will give praise and honor to God Almighty.  He is the one who give us wisdom and understanding how we will answer those who ask for one.

Crown Him the Lord of love. Behold His hands and side.  Bleeding for my sins. Crown Him Lord of Lords. He alone can atone for our sins.   The pain and the sufering He went through was unbearable and we should be thankful to God for the sacrifice He made on the cross.  Be dligent to know the state of your flocks. Proverbs 27.23a   Jesus is the Sheperd and we are His sheep.  We must follow the sheperd wherever He goes.  It is be best way to do just that.

For You, Lord are good. And ready to forgive. And abundant in mercy on those who call upon You. Psalm 86.5 If we come before Jesus with repentant heart He will see that we are truly making the groung for Him to forgive. He is abundant in mercy and compassion. But you must forsake all evil and continue to serve Jesus with your whole heart. Do not boast yourself of tomorrow. For you do not know what a day may bring forth. Prov. 27.1 We can have a heart attack and die right now. Make sure you are right with the Lord Jesus so when the heart attack comes along you will be ready to meet your maker and tell Him how much you loved Him right here on earth. You fed the hungry, clothe the naked, visited the sick and those in prison, helped the widow and the orphan and your have kept yourself from sin. That will be a wonderful testimony in the ears of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Heb. 13.8  This is our hope. Our eternal Father in heaven sent Jesus to save us all from sin and iniquity.  Let us hear His word today. Faithful are the wounds of a friend.  Proverbs 27.6a  Jesus is our best friend.  Do not look for others to find friendship because they will leave you hanging.  Only Jesus is our true friend.  

Similar Requests

• Article
A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up...
Replies
Views
Lord God ! You are ! You were and you will be! Mark 10: 27 . Jesus told his disciples that with men this impossible but with God it is possible! Lord God ..I want acknowledge you and believe that today makes the last day of that spirit in my life and my family in Jesus's name! God take charge of...
Replies
Views
Please put my son on your prayer list. His name is Gabriel and he is having his surgery this coming week. He's had around 15 of them in his life. He is 27 yrs old now. Also his grandmother just passed away and he is traveling to the services after his release from the hospital. Please pray for...
Replies
Views
I am Olivia reaching out across the states to request prayer for my son. He has suffered a massive stroke to the brain at age 27. He is a single father of 2 little girls whom are in kindergarten that he has custody of. I am asking for his brain swelling to start to go down, his recovery to be...
Replies
Views
We would like to request prayer for healing and a financial miracle,so that we can pay off our mortgage and be successful homeowners . We pray that we can be able to get a Lawyer,for son in prison for 27 yrs. fRom the age of 23 .We've been supportive all this time.We pray for a second chance,he...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom