Proverbs Chapter 27

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 27

27:1 Don't boast yourself of tomorrow; For you don't know what a day may bring forth.

27:2 Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; A stranger, and not your own lips.

27:3 A stone is heavy, and the sand weighty; But a fool's vexation is heavier than both of them.

27:4 Wrath is cruel, and anger is overwhelming; But who is able to stand before jealousy?

27:5 Better is open rebuke Than love that is hidden.

27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; But the kisses of an enemy are profuse.

27:7 The full soul loathes a honeycomb; But to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

27:8 As a bird that wanders from her nest, So is a man who wanders from his place.

27:9 Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; So does the sweetness of a man's companion [that comes] of hearty counsel.

27:10 Your own companion, and your father's companion, do not forsake; And don't go to your brother's house in the day of your calamity: Better is a neighbor who is near than a brother far off.

27:11 My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, That I may answer him who reproaches me.

27:12 A prudent man sees the evil, [and] hides himself; [but] the simple pass on, [and] suffer for it.

27:13 Take his garment that is surety for a stranger; And hold him in pledge [who is surety] for a foreign woman.

27:14 He who blesses his fellow man with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, It will be counted a curse to him.

27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day And a contentious woman are alike:

27:16 He who would restrain her restrains the wind; And his right hand encounters oil.

27:17 Iron sharpens iron; So a man sharpens the countenance of his fellow man.

27:18 Whoever keeps the fig-tree will eat its fruit; And he who regards his master will be honored.

27:19 As in water face [answers] to face, So the heart of man to man.

27:20 Sheol and Abaddon are never satisfied; And the eyes of man are never satisfied.

27:21 The refining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold; And a man is [tried] by his praise.

27:22 Though you should bray a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with bruised grain, Yet his foolishness will not depart from him.

27:23 Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, [And] look well to your herds:

27:24 For riches are not forever: And does the crown endure to all generations?

27:25 The hay is carried, and the tender grass shows itself, And the herbs of the mountains are gathered in.

27:26 The lambs are for your clothing, And the goats are the price of the field;

27:27 And [there will be] goats' milk enough for your food, for the food of your household, And maintenance for your maidens.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Holy Bible will never be wrong. Those who stray from it or try to re-write it to fit their personal needs are misguided fools. Stay true to the Word of God and you can handle any trial and tribulation in this life. :) In Jesus holy name. Amen!

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Yes, riches are not forever. Jesus clearly said. Love not money. Money comes and money goes away faster than we can see it. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you. O Lord, help to seek the eternal kingdom offered to all of us. I need, I want and I will follow You all the way to heaven.

Similar Requests

• Article
A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up...
Replies
Views
Lord God ! You are ! You were and you will be! Mark 10: 27 . Jesus told his disciples that with men this impossible but with God it is possible! Lord God ..I want acknowledge you and believe that today makes the last day of that spirit in my life and my family in Jesus's name! God take charge of...
Replies
Views
Please put my son on your prayer list. His name is Gabriel and he is having his surgery this coming week. He's had around 15 of them in his life. He is 27 yrs old now. Also his grandmother just passed away and he is traveling to the services after his release from the hospital. Please pray for...
Replies
Views
I am Olivia reaching out across the states to request prayer for my son. He has suffered a massive stroke to the brain at age 27. He is a single father of 2 little girls whom are in kindergarten that he has custody of. I am asking for his brain swelling to start to go down, his recovery to be...
Replies
Views
We would like to request prayer for healing and a financial miracle,so that we can pay off our mortgage and be successful homeowners . We pray that we can be able to get a Lawyer,for son in prison for 27 yrs. fRom the age of 23 .We've been supportive all this time.We pray for a second chance,he...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom