Proverbs Chapter 16

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 16

16:1 The plans of the heart belong to man; But the answer of the tongue is from Yahweh.

16:2 All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; But Yahweh weighs the spirits.

16:3 Commit your works to Yahweh, And your purposes will be established.

16:4 Yahweh has made everything for its own end; Yes, even the wicked for the day of evil.

16:5 Everyone who is proud in heart is disgusting to Yahweh: [Though] hand [join] in hand, he will not be unpunished.

16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is atoned for; And by the fear of Yahweh men depart from evil.

16:7 When a man's ways please Yahweh, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

16:8 Better is a little, with righteousness, Than great revenues with injustice.

16:9 The heart of man devises his way; But Yahweh directs his steps.

16:10 A divine sentence is in the lips of the king; His mouth will not transgress in judgment.

16:11 A just balance and scales are Yahweh's; All the weights of the bag are his work.

16:12 It is disgusting to kings to commit wickedness; For the throne is established by righteousness.

16:13 Righteous lips are the delight of kings; And they love him who speaks right.

16:14 The wrath of a king is [as] messengers of death; But a wise man will pacify it.

16:15 In the light of the king's countenance is life; And his favor is as a cloud of the latter rain.

16:16 How much better it is to get wisdom than gold! Yes, to get understanding is rather to be chosen than silver.

16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: He who keeps his way preserves his soul.

16:18 Pride [goes] before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.

16:19 It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor, Than to divide the spoil with the proud.

16:20 He who gives heed to the word will find good; And whoever trusts in Yahweh, he is happy.

16:21 The wise in heart will be called prudent; And the sweetness of the lips increases learning.

16:22 Understanding is a wellspring of life to him who has it; But the correction of fools is [their] folly.

16:23 The heart of the wise instructs his mouth, And adds learning to his lips.

16:24 Pleasant words are [as] a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

16:25 There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end are the ways of death.

16:26 The appetite of the laboring man labors for him; For his mouth urges him [thereto].

16:27 A worthless man devises mischief; And in his lips there is as a scorching fire.

16:28 A perverse man scatters abroad strife; And a whisperer separates best friends.

16:29 A man of violence entices his fellow man, And leads him in a way that is not good.

16:30 He who shuts his eyes, [it is] to devise perverse things: He who compresses his lips brings evil to pass.

16:31 The gray head is a crown of glory; It will be found in the way of righteousness.

16:32 He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty; And he who rules his spirit, than he who takes a city.

16:33 The lot is cast into the lap; But the whole disposing of it is of Yahweh.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants to be miserable and wants to feel very low, then look upon your own fleshly desires and sin that the devil brings on to your mind.  Focus your thoughts on Gods word, on prayer, on helping others find Jesus. Do not think on your troubles, your pains and your sorrows, Jesus took all of them away for good.  Think on these things.   Love, mercy, compassion and care the Savior showed us at the cross. Do not let the blue skies overwhelm you.  Jesus conquered all.   He who gives heed to the Word.. will find good.   Reading Gods word and obeying what it says will lead us all to heavens gates.  There is joy unspeakeable and full of glory to those who listen to what God is telling us through His holy word. 

Everyone in this world is looking after happiness.  But it is like a butterfly,  when you go after it, it flies away.  But if you stand still, the butterfly will come to you.   Stand still and listen to Gods word.  He wants to tell you something more important than happiness.  He wants to show Himself to you.  Open your eyes and see the glory of the Lord all over the place.  Open your ears and hear what He wants to say. He who gives heed to the Word will find good.    Happiness is knowing Jesus personally and speaking to Him wherever you may find to be in and obeying His word.

Confort me o Lord with the beauty of Thy holy presence.  Where there is darkness You make it light.  Where there is heaviness, Tears running down my cheek,  A veil falls away to see the glory of the Lord coming to all of us.   O deep, deep love of Jesus.  Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free.  Rolling as a mighty ocean,  In its fullness over me.  It is the current of Thy love.  Leading onward, leading homeward, to that glorious rest above.  Blessed be the Lord our God who has shown us the right road that leads to heavens gates.  Commit your way to the Lord.  Yes Jesus... we are commiting our ways to Yours.   For the glance of One gentle heart, will fill our hearts with His presence.  Radiating warm flames aglow with the glory of the Lord. 

We are the sound of Gods voice.  He speaks through us His eternal words. People want to hear Jesus speak through us.  The whispering of the trees and the soft breeze that comes to all of us is the sound of Gods presence everywhere.  He wants to say that He love us with an everlasting love.  The gentle silence after the storm tell us that He rules the world with power and mercy.  The highway of the upright is to depart from evil.  O Jesus, help us to be like You are.  We shall not die, but live.  You are the gentle voice within our soul.  

Come to Me my little child, God call us each day.   This is such a good music to our ears.  Just knowing that God cares for us when we do not even realize He is right there.   When we read His word, He comes even closer to our hearts. 

Holy Spirit Thou art welcome in our homes, in our hearts and minds.  Open our heart to understand Your holy word.  Teach us to obey what it says.  There is no more uphill battle anymore.  Jesus is the One who unburden us.  The highway of the upright is to depart from evil.  Our minds need to be continuously changed.  From our earthly desires we should turn the eternal purpose of God.  So, we will be walking in the highway that leads us to heaven.

I kow what my heart was like.  Lost, undone, lonely and not knowing where we are gona end up when we die.  But a wonderful came to all of us who love Jesus.  He saved us and cared for us. Daily watching over our lives.  Then a joy and hapiness came to this lonely heart.  That feeling so special.  The first prayer to our heavenly Father came out from a thankful heart.   By mercy and truth, iniquity is atoned for.   O yes, the touch of the Master matters so much to a lost soul.  It is like a hollow ledge filled with the love of God. 

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Enjoy every moment of your life.  It is a gift given to us by God.  If you are healthy and need not to see a doctor, then thank God for giving you a wholesome life to praise Him, to adore His name.   Take your time and pray and fast for souls to come to Jesus.  Enjoy the time when all goes well.  It is a gift that comes from heaven.  Read Gods word every morning of your life.  It will be a health to your soul and Jesus will smile over your life.   Righteous lips are the delight of kings. Injoy every heart beat your heart is willing to give.  God made it all and He will stop it when His call on our lives will hear.  Injoy the holy presence of the Lord.  It is a sweet sound that comes to us from glory. 

I am always open and honest with God.  Everything that happens in our lives has a purpose.  God is in control of our own lives.  For He knows what we are going through.  He has prepared a table before those who oppose His word and in the last days many false Christs and false prophets shall come.  Jesus warned us to be aware of them.   That is one reason we should read Gods word and obey what it says.  All the ways of man are clean in his own eyes.  Pray and fast that we shall be found faultless when we get heaven.   Everything we have done here on earth will be disclosed when we get to glory.   

Similar Requests

• Article
[After Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man and into the pigs,] those who had seen what happened told the others about the demon-possessed man and the pigs. And the crowd began pleading with Jesus to go away and leave them alone. —Mark 5:16-17 NLT Key Thought Most folks are afraid of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." —Mark 5:18-19 NLT Key Thought "Go... tell... everything the LORD has...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Explaining his parable, Jesus said,] "The farmer plants seed by taking God's word to others." —Mark 4:14 NLT Key Thought Jesus explains his parable of the soils. One key component is the farmer in the story. The farmer is the person who shares God's message, the Good News from God, with...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Answer: First, the term Christian must be defined. A “Christian” is not a person who has said a prayer or walked down an aisle or been raised in a Christian family. While each of these things can be a part of the Christian experience, they are not what makes a Christian. A Christian is a person...
Replies
Views
I need help to forget and forgive betrayal by my soon to be ex husband. I need prayer to renew my relationship with my 16 year old daughter who has left me for her father and ignores me completely. I want to let go of this bitterness that I have in my thoughts about my ex and the woman he...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom