Prayers For ###

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekatbaby

Disciple of Prayer
I hear there are five stages of grief. Denial, anger, ?, depression, acceptance.

Well, I think my mother is in the depression stage.

Over 14 years ago her son, my brother, went swimming, and the current pulled him under and he drowned. He was 14.

My mother seemed well for a while. I say well, what I really mean is just about coping and functioning in a way. He was always there but life goes on and they say.

Anyway, quite recently my mother is in training as a volunteer for a child death helpline. The training is very intensive. And you can imagine. She has also met other parents who have lost children. Their stories are very sad. Although I feel for these people, my sisters and I were concerned for our mother. Worried that this was the right thing for her. But we tried to look at it in a positive light. She can help people, we said. Maybe it will help her sort through things in her own mind, deal with her grief, accept it, we said.

At first she came home, and would often cry. But she hadn't cried for a long time. She never had counselling for her loss so we thought that maybe this crying would do her good, help her cry away the pain. Because it IS sad. So so sad.

But she just hasn't stopped. It's been six weeks now and she hasn't stopped crying. I'm in a good place. I've turned my life around from having a heroin addiction to studying my degree, yet my mother cries for the sadness I had when I was an addict. My sister had a beautiful baby girl but my mother cries for the baby she lost. She cries for every sad thing in the world. She won't leave the house because the littlest thing will set her off. I do not know if this is a stage. Will she come out of it? Ever?

She has asked me to pray for her. And Jesus said that if two or more gather on My Name thy will be done. And I'm sure the good Lord who sees everything understands that a virtual fellowship is the same as a physical one.

So please pray with me. Pray for my mother, for all the mothers, that one day their sadness will end. That God's love will comfort them and sustain them, through the sorrow and pain, and that one day they can walk unafraid till all hearts are reunited in the bosom of the Saviour, Son of Man, King of kings. In Jesus' Name, Lord, please have mercy on your humble servant. X
 
Our God of peace, you have taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved, in quietness and in confidence shall be our strength: By the might of your Spirit answer this request, we pray of you, so we may be still and know that you are God; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
Lord Jesus, please be with this mother and family. Bring people into her life with your knowledge to help her get through this difficult time and move on in life so that she can help others if it be your will. Please fill her heart and open her eyes to the wonderful people in her life today. Lord please help her to be the mother, grandmother, and friend that everyone around her needs. May she feel your loving arms wrapped around her for the security to go on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Heavenly father I'm coming to you and holy desperation right now for my precious granddaughter ### father you know her battle you know the battle that her mother's under her mom is out getting Botox and facials and everything done to herself and she has body dysmorphia and ### my granddaughter...
Replies
11
Views
260
Hello everyone, My mother is extremely sick at the moment and in a nursing home that is not giving her the proper level of care needed for her health. i am in need for everyone to please give a prayer for to restore her strength health and help her heal from this so she can come home soon. she...
Replies
13
Views
309
Heavenly Father, in the name of Your Son Lord Jesus Christ, I enter Your gates with thanksgiving and Your courts with praise; give thanks to You and praise Your name. Yet, Lord my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant...
Replies
9
Views
370
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,933
Messages
16,816,764
Members
651,092
Latest member
Rhoenwell

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom