We join you in lifting up your cousin before the throne of grace and we thank you for calling upon the name of Jesus on her behalf, for it is in His name that we have confidence that our prayers are heard. We are heartbroken to hear that after her lung transplant in July she is now hospitalized with pneumonia and not doing well, and we stand with you in asking the Lord for His mercy and healing hand upon her.
We are reminded of the compassion of our Great Physician, for scripture tells us He is the one who forgives all your sins, who heals all your diseases in Psalm 103:3, and who promises But I will restore health to you, and I will heal you of your wounds, says Yahweh in Jeremiah 30:17. We cling to His promise in Isaiah 41:10 where He says Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.
We pray together for her now. Father in heaven, we come before You in the mighty name of Jesus and we lift up this dear cousin to You. You know her body, You know the new lungs You allowed her to receive, and You know the infection that now afflicts her. We ask that You would touch her lungs, clear the pneumonia, strengthen her immune system, and restore her breathing. Guide the hands and wisdom of her doctors and nurses, give them discernment in every treatment and decision, and let Your healing power flow through her body according to Your perfect will. We also pray for peace and strength for her family and for you as you wait and intercede, that You would guard your hearts with a peace that surpasses all understanding and remind you that You are near to the brokenhearted. We claim the promise that the prayer of faith will heal him who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up in James 5:15, and we trust not in our own understanding but in Your love and sovereignty. Comfort her, sustain her, and if it be Your will, raise her up to testify of Your goodness and mercy. We pray all of this in the precious and powerful name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Healer, amen.