PAGANS OR TAX COLLECTORS

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ’every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector. [Matthew 18:15-17]

Some believe that I am being sinful because I speak against this city, and even bring up their past transgressions. BUT GOD instructs His messengers according to His plan and perfect will. Therefore, since when is it a sin to obey God's instructions to speak His Word? even declare it out loud, "on today's trumpet," the worldwide web?

CRY ALOUD, spare not. Lift up your voice like a trumpet and declare to My people their transgression and to the house of Jacob their sins! [Isaiah 58:1]

God's consistency is amazing. I think it's interesting that God reverts to calling The Church, "The House of Jacob," i.e. that worm, that snake - Jacob, when they were sinning; rather than referring to them by the new name, "The House of Israel," which He had given them. Jesus did the same when Peter was operating in err, He reverted to calling Him Simon, for a time.

A city must be careful whose instructions she follows, lest she falls into the devil's trap of deceit. It is never a sin to speak the Word of God, but many cities have punished God's messengers, the most notable being Christ, himself, for that very reason.

They called them back and warned them that they were on no account ever again to speak or teach in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John spoke right back, "Whether it's right in God's eyes to listen to you rather than to God, you decide. As for us, there's no question—we can't keep quiet about what we've seen and heard." [Acts 4:18, MSG]

As in ancient times, this city has been trying to silence the Word of God because she does not like the Word of God that has been spoken over her. Yet, she continues to respond in the rebellion God predicted.

For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the Word of the LORD, He also has rejected you from being king.[1 Samuel 15:23]

You don't seek to silence the Word of God; and you certainly don't punish those who speak it; whether you agree with it or not. Such is as Jesus suffered, therefore it is evil.
Buffet Bible continues to get this city into trouble.

CRY ALOUD, spare not. Lift up your voice like a trumpet and declare to My people their transgression and to the house of Jacob their sins! [Isaiah 58:1]

God's consistency is amazing. I think it's interesting that God reverts to calling The Church, "The House of Jacob,"

The prophet Isaiah was not talking about the Church.

Isaiah also said: "For day after day they seek me out;
they seem eager to know my ways,
as if they were a nation that does what is right
and has not forsaken the commands of its God.
They ask me for just decisions
and seem eager for God to come near them." (Isaiah 58:2)

The Bible verse you quoted is talking about Israel.

The term house of Jacob is simply another way to refer to the nation of Israel. Israel the patriarch was originally named Jacob (see Genesis 32). The interchangeability of the terms is illustrated in Exodus 19:3–4: “Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain, saying, ‘Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob and tell the sons of Israel: “You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians.”’”

Moses helped the people of Israel receive spiritual and physical freedom - from Egypt.

May God teach us all - at times!

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ’every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector. [Matthew 18:15-17]

Some believe that I am being sinful because I speak against this city, and even bring up their past transgressions. BUT GOD instructs His messengers according to His plan and perfect will. Therefore, since when is it a sin to obey God's instructions to speak His Word? even declare it out loud, "on today's trumpet," the worldwide web?

God's consistency is amazing. I think it's interesting that God reverts to calling The Church, "The House of Jacob," i.e. that worm, that snake - Jacob, when they were sinning; rather than referring to them by the new name, "The House of Israel," which He had given them. Jesus did the same when Peter was operating in err, He reverted to calling Him Simon, for a time.

A city must be careful whose instructions she follows, lest she falls into the devil's trap of deceit. It is never a sin to speak the Word of God, but many cities have punished God's messengers, the most notable being Christ, himself, for that very reason.

They called them back and warned them that they were on no account ever again to speak or teach in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John spoke right back, "Whether it's right in God's eyes to listen to you rather than to God, you decide. As for us, there's no question—we can't keep quiet about what we've seen and heard." [Acts 4:18, MSG]

As in ancient times, this city has been trying to silence the Word of God because she does not like the Word of God that has been spoken over her. Yet, she continues to respond in the rebellion God predicted.

For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the Word of the LORD, He also has rejected you from being king.[1 Samuel 15:23]

You don't seek to silence the Word of God; and you certainly don't punish those who speak it; whether you agree with it or not. Such is as Jesus suffered, therefore it is evil.
Buffet Bible continues to get this city into trouble.

All pagans and taxcollectors need the Lord. They are living in a dark world and will end up in hells burning fire. Save them all we pray. Amen

The prophet Isaiah was not talking about the Church.

Isaiah also said: "For day after day they seek me out;
they seem eager to know my ways,
as if they were a nation that does what is right
and has not forsaken the commands of its God.
They ask me for just decisions
and seem eager for God to come near them." (Isaiah 58:2)

The Bible verse you quoted is talking about Israel.

The term house of Jacob is simply another way to refer to the nation of Israel. Israel the patriarch was originally named Jacob (see Genesis 32). The interchangeability of the terms is illustrated in Exodus 19:3–4: “Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain, saying, ‘Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob and tell the sons of Israel: “You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians.”’”

Moses helped the people of Israel receive spiritual and physical freedom - from Egypt.

May God teach us all - at times!
Ask the precious Holy Spirit of God to give you wisdom from heaven to understand His word.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
When Nancy woke up the Sun was shining in her room so she went to the window and pushed it open. As she did so, a light breeze rushed in and ruffled her hair. She closed the window, sat on her bed, and just as she was about to get ready to take a shower her phone beeped. She checked the text and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
To The Cities That Have Ears To Hear: I am usually out on the train platforms early in the mornings, proclaiming the Word of God, which is uttered in darkness and whispered in my ear [Matt.10:27]. But, because the message isn't smooth and flowery, many presume that I'm spewing negativity, and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus went from village to village, teaching the people. And he called his twelve disciples together and began sending them out two by two, giving them authority to cast out evil spirits. He told them to take nothing for their journey except a walking stick — no food, no traveler's bag, no...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Dear Father, Please show us all the difference between Jesus and the church. I ask she read and listen to the Gospel of John, and watch the Gospel of John Movie, The Gospel of Matthew Movie and The Book of Acts Movie with wisdom and understanding. Heal our heart with The Balm of Gilead, The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 30–31 , Mark 15:1–25 I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them! Numbers 11:29 When I joined a group of Christian children’s book authors who prayed for one another and helped spread the word about each other’s...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom