'New Wineskins Needed' - Mark 2:21-22

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued,] "Besides, who would patch old clothing with new cloth? For the new patch would shrink and rip away from the old cloth, leaving an even bigger tear than before.
"And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the wine would burst the wineskins, and the wine and the skins would both be lost. New wine calls for new wineskins."

Mark 2:21-22 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus wants us to know that being his follower is not just another religious take on the same old religious agenda. He wants us to know that his words and his way of life are not just additional new things to tack onto the same religious teaching. Jesus brings something new, fresh, and comprehensive. To try to mix it into the other religious interests in our lives is to miss the point. What Jesus brings is bigger, bolder, and new! Let's realize that to call Jesus our LORD means we surrender every part of our lives to him ... and that ultimately means we surrender the "religious" parts, too.

Today's Prayer​

LORD God Almighty, I offer you myself — all of myself: body, soul, spirit, and mind — to serve you. I want you to have complete rule in my life. Please tear down any idols that I have so that only you reign in my heart. Open my eyes to see your truth in fresh and new ways. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
[Jesus continued,] "Besides, who would patch old clothing with new cloth? For the new patch would shrink and rip away from the old cloth, leaving an even bigger tear than before.
"And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the wine would burst the wineskins, and the wine and the skins would both be lost. New wine calls for new wineskins."

Mark 2:21-22 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus wants us to know that being his follower is not just another religious take on the same old religious agenda. He wants us to know that his words and his way of life are not just additional new things to tack onto the same religious teaching. Jesus brings something new, fresh, and comprehensive. To try to mix it into the other religious interests in our lives is to miss the point. What Jesus brings is bigger, bolder, and new! Let's realize that to call Jesus our LORD means we surrender every part of our lives to him ... and that ultimately means we surrender the "religious" parts, too.

Today's Prayer​

LORD God Almighty, I offer you myself — all of myself: body, soul, spirit, and mind — to serve you. I want you to have complete rule in my life. Please tear down any idols that I have so that only you reign in my heart. Open my eyes to see your truth in fresh and new ways. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Renew us o Lord like a new wine skins we will continue to serve You and praise Your holy name wherever we are.

Similar Requests

• Article
One day some Pharisees and teachers of religious law arrived from Jerusalem to see Jesus. They noticed that some of his disciples failed to follow the Jewish ritual of hand washing before eating. (The Jews, especially the Pharisees, do not eat until they have poured water over their cupped...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [Jesus said to the religious leaders he had accused of being hypocrites], "You skillfully sidestep God's law in order to hold on to your own tradition. For instance, Moses gave you this law from God: 'Honor your father and mother,' and 'Anyone who speaks disrespectfully of father or mother...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus told [the townspeople], "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family." And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So the Pharisees and teachers of religious law asked [Jesus], "Why don't your disciples follow our age-old tradition? They eat without first performing the hand-washing ceremony." Jesus replied, "You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you, for he wrote, "For you ignore God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus and his companions went to the town of Capernaum. When the Sabbath day came, he went into the synagogue and began to teach. The people were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority — quite unlike the teachers of religious law. —Mark 1:21-22 NLT Key Thought Jesus went to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom