'Master of Every Thing!' - Mark 2:28

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus said,] "So the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath!"

Mark 2:28 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus is LORD! He has authority over everything! He is the Master and Commander of all things (Ephesians 1:21-22). His word, his teaching, his will about the Sabbath form the basis of our truth. So the things Jesus does on the Sabbath, says about the Sabbath, and teaches regarding the Sabbath are our examples, instructions, and truths regarding the Sabbath. Primarily, we seek Jesus, not the Sabbath and not even Sunday as a "holy day"! He is the one who provides genuine rest and renewal.

Today's Prayer​

Holy God, my heavenly Father, thank you for giving us the principle of the Sabbath. I know I need to rest more, and I need to remember that every good thing comes from you. However, dear Father, I realize now more than ever that I need Jesus. I need his comfort, power, rest, and grace. Come LORD Jesus! Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Jesus said to [the Pharisees], "Haven't you ever read in the Scriptures what David did when he and his companions were hungry? He went into the house of God (during the days when Abiathar was high priest) and broke the law by eating the sacred loaves of bread that only the priests are allowed to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Since it was the Sabbath, Jesus' enemies watched him closely. If he healed the man's hand, they planned to accuse him of working on the Sabbath. —Mark 3:2 NLT Key Thought The opposites of Jesus' compassionate eyes (see Mark 3:1 and yesterday's devotional) were the condemning and critical eyes...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One Sabbath day as Jesus was walking through some grainfields, his disciples began breaking off heads of grain to eat. But the Pharisees said to Jesus, "Look, why are they breaking the law by harvesting grain on the Sabbath?" —Mark 2:23-24 NLT Key Thought Some people watch others who are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus said to the man with the deformed hand, "Come and stand in front of everyone." Then he turned to his critics and asked, "Does the law permit good deeds on the Sabbath, or is it a day for doing evil? Is this a day to save life or to destroy it?" But they wouldn't answer him. He looked...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus' confrontation with the Pharisees about healing on the Sabbath,] the Pharisees went away and met with the supporters of Herod to plot how to kill Jesus. —Mark 3:6 NLT Key Thought When we get into a defensive posture toward those who disagree with us religiously, we can very...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom