Nobody is reading this thread right now.

To The Cities Who Have Ears To Hear:

Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you —guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us. (2 Timothy 1:14)

The primary gift, The Gospel (the truth about Jesus), is perfectly guarded when the one who is indwelled remains faithful and steadfast to God's instructions through submission to the Holy Spirit. When the servant is committed to God's will and way, the gift is securely protected from satan's attempts to steal (corrupt it within us). As servants of God, our job is to keep the gifts that God gives us authentic, pure and safe from corruption. In other words, we must not sell out (telling the people what they want to hear) because of persecutions or popularity, and certainly not for gainsay - as Balaam did. Jesus warned his disciples that they would be hated because they belonged to Him. Moreover, it is written: "Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets." (Luke 6:26)

For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and *self-discipline. So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. He has saved us and called us to a holy life —not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time. (2 Timothy 1:6-9)

Christ likeness is not about self indulgence, but rather self sacrifice. Therefore, we must neither allow others to influence us into twisting God's Word, nor shame us into silence. It may seem like a lack of control, on my part, but I must speak the Word as given; yet when in the presence of another prophet, the Spirit causes me to yield the floor, even if that prophet is a false prophet like those in the book of Jeremiah who had their say. By interfering in God's process, man can definitely hinder or change a situaton, BUT GOD has the final say in the latter end of all prophesy based on His Word. Jerusalem was restored, but she first had to be destroyed according to God's prediction.

FOOL FOR CHRIST SAKE

We must remain yielded to God's will even when it makes us look like fools to others. God chooses what seems weak to shame the strong, and what seems foolish to shame the wise. In this way He ensure that His message is not lost amid man's celebrity (choked out by thorns). It is with the help of the Holy Ghost that we are not carried away by every wind of doctrine, but are strengthened in the continual righteous work of our calling, to boldly and unashamedly speak up for Jesus, and for our brethren who are suffering for the cause of the gospel.
WATCHMEN, NOT POLICEMEN

We are entrusted with, and instructed to, guard our spiritual gifts; we do not police the thief, nor does God hide His vessels. A thief is going to steal; that's what a thief does. The primary responsibility of one who stands watch for God is to impart the Gospel, in completeness. While the Holy Spirit, Himself (the indwelling) cannot be stolen, man can steal FROM the Holy Spirit. God did not prevent Ananias and Sapphira from stealing, nor was it Peter's job to prevent the theft. Peter simply stood watch for God by warning the couple, then holding them accountable; as is likewise part of the responsibility of my ministry. The theft was not from Peter, it was from the Spirit of the LORD, therefore God, not Peter, chose the penalty; thus the cost was very high.

The complete Word is not just that Jesus came into the world to save the sinner; but equally as important is the consequence of rejecting or dishonoring that free gift of salvation. Keep reading: a few verses down Alexander and Hymenaeus, who blasphemed the Holy Spirit by, not only living in sin, but also teaching according that same doctrine, were turned over to satan (reprobate spirit). The Bible says "God does not treat us as our sins deserve;" it doesn't say, He does not punish us. Our sins deserve death, but because of Jesus’s finished work on Calvary, we can choose not to die in our sin. What a disservice we do to God, man, and even to our ministries when we neglect to teach the complete truth. Sin is indeed punished. Furthermore, if we are living in sin when Jesus returns, our final punishment will be eternal damnation. The gift is free, but it must be opened (accepted); we open it through repentance and turning away from sin.

The Lord knows those who are his” and “Those who say that they belong to the Lord must turn away from wrongdoing.(2 Timothy 2:19)

Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Habakkuk, Peter, Paul, and many others, including Jesus fulfilled their assignments according to God's personalized instructions respectively. Wherever God has His vessel, at a given time, is where they're supposed to be, for the testing of the city to whom they are sent, until HE gives further instruction: And, we must carry out our assignments exactly as He instructs. Howbeit, just because a car is parked in your neighborhood doesn't mean it's yours to be pillaged. In the same way that God placed the appletree in the midst of Adam and Eve when testing them, He likewise places His messengers in the midst of the people, even among wolves, when testing a city - commanding in the face thereof:

"Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." (1 Chronicles 16:22)

In rejecting the Holy Spirit, some cities will make the same mistake as many ancient cities made; they will punish the messenger. Never has blaming the messenger stopped God's Word from coming to pass. When the city unjustly abases the messenger, God responds in measure by abasing that city, as he did six years ago: and has vowed to do again. Howbeit, this time without relenting. I have not sold my birthright, nor has the flavor diminished from this salt. The good word deposited in this vessel is irrefutable, indisputable, and absolutely incorruptible. Therefore, the abasing and trampling underfoot was without cause.

Summary: The theft is not from the servant, it's from The Holy Spirit (God's indwelling); and it is not hidden from God's eyes. What kind of people would steal from the God who has freely given them everything.?

❤️

*Self discipline : a conscious decision to turn away from sin.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
The closer we get to God the more of God we will experience. But there is a price we have to pay. We have to die to self-daily. And our "ego" and pride can keep us from paying the price and experiencing more of God. Ego stands for Easing God Out. Ego is the Latin word for "I." We must die to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Our hearts rejoice in Thy presence o Lord, when we enter into Your holy place we feel heaven coming down to earth. It is available all year long to those who seek Thy face, early in the morning lifting their voice to Jesus in praise, adoration and worship. O years and age that pass away...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We are so glad You came to save us from going to hells burning fire and delivered us from all kinds of torments from hell and from all guilt of past our past life. As long as we obey Gods word in worship and adoration to Him alone. Other gods of the world should not be worshipped or adored as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is really presisten and strong for sure to make us miss our path to heaven. Also continues to cause anxiety and worry, then comes a nagging fear of the future. Where am I going to end up when I die? Is Jesus really waiting for us at the gates of heaven? Who can prove that? So many things...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I would like to say that spiritual growth is not about suppressing who you are but discovering your true identity in Christ. Sometimes, I find myself studying the Word of God. It said: Lord, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom