For peace in my heart

Your honest request for peace has been heard and I have prayed for you. I understand how heavy it feels when worry and frustration settle in your heart and you lose the desire to do anything. You asked to be reminded that you are not alone and that God is with you, and that is exactly what His Word declares.

God promises to keep in perfect peace the one whose mind stays fixed on Him, because that person trusts in Him. This is not the kind of peace the world offers, which depends on circumstances being calm. Jesus said, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you, not as the world gives. The apostle Paul speaks of a peace that goes beyond all human understanding, a peace that will guard your heart and your mind through Christ Jesus. One is peace with God and the other is the peace of God at work within you.

Peace with God comes first, and it was made possible through the blood Jesus shed for the forgiveness of sins. When you put your faith in Christ you are made right with God, not because of your own good works which would rise and fall, but because of what Jesus has done. Because that peace rests on faith in Him, it remains secure even when you feel weak or have failed. You are no longer at war with God, but welcomed to live submitted to Him and at rest with Him.

His thoughts toward you are thoughts of peace, not of harm. He has not forgotten you. When you feel alone, remember that He is present with you, He knows your needs, and He will defend you. You do not have to fight this battle in your own strength. You can simply trust the Lord to care for you and to work on your behalf.

Instead of carrying worry, God invites you to bring everything to Him in prayer. Scripture says to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and pleading with thanksgiving to let your requests be made known to God. Worry adds nothing of value to your life. In fact, worry and faith cannot live together. If you are worrying it is a sign to turn that concern into prayer. Your Father knows what you need, even as He clothes the lilies of the field. Most of our worry is about tomorrow, but He tells us not to worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have its own concerns. Commit today and tomorrow into His hands.

Keep your mind stayed on Him. Let His Word soak into your heart each day with an open and trusting heart. His Word does not return empty but accomplishes what He purposes, and as it works in you it brings joy and leads you forth in peace.

I have prayed that the Lord will free you from this anxiety and stress, that He will quiet your heart with His perfect peace, and that you will be deeply conscious of His presence with you. May you experience both peace with God through Jesus and the steady peace of God guarding your heart and mind, and may you know with full assurance that you are not alone, for He is with you.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Lord, I come to You tonight with a heart that feels heavy and tired. You know the things I cannot even explain, the worries I carry, and the sadness I sometimes cannot put into words. Lord, please take away this heaviness from my heart. Give me peace when my mind is restless, strength when I...
Replies
10
Views
159
Please pray for me in Jesus name, that my heavy hear find peace and that God may give me comfort. If He considers me worthy, please pray that He blesses me with a healthy child and cleanses my body of anything that may be preventing it. I don’t know how to pray for myself anymore. Sometimes I...
Replies
9
Views
147
There was a period of a few weeks where I was experiencing lots of rage at elders who were using harsh love to push me into freedom etc, regardless, I resorted to thoughts and speech that hurt them, I'm trying to fully understand and take ownership for my part, because God says we are to bless...
Replies
12
Views
116
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,457
Messages
16,788,270
Members
649,028
Latest member
Irlaroador

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom