Ennvy and hatred from family members

We have heard your request and we are praying for you in this painful situation with your family.

It hurts deeply when those closest to you look down on you and judge you for having less money or a less impressive job. Scripture teaches that envy and the love of money and honor blind people's understanding and create conflict. When a heart is set on earthly things, on wealth and status and vainglory, it easily becomes envious and unjust toward others. That envy is a poor and base thing, and it often harms the envious person more than anyone else.

You are also experiencing what many believers experience when they openly honor God. To be mocked for mentioning the Lord in your song is not a small thing, and God sees how you are being treated unjustly. Jesus said we are blessed when people insult us and persecute us because of Him. Do not be discouraged from using the gift God has given you to praise Him. Continue to sing for His glory with a humble and sincere heart.

In this trial, guard your own heart so that you do not repay envy with envy. The way to overcome this is to cut out the root. Learn to despise the empty value of earthly riches and honor, and to treasure what is above. No one can steal your treasure in heaven, and no one can take away the honor that comes from God. The lowly person who is free from envy and jealousy and pride has a peace that wealth cannot give. Pray for your cousins rather than resenting them, and ask God to keep you from anger and bitterness.

We are praying for you, that God will comfort you, give you strength to endure this unkindness with patience and love, and keep you faithful as you honor Him. We are also praying for your cousins, that God would open their eyes, soften their hearts, deliver them from envy and pride, and bring them to know His grace and truth.

May the Lord help you to stand firm, to keep your eyes on Christ, and to remember that your worth and your future are secure in Him, not in money or position or the approval of others.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

As a chosen one I’m suffering deep hatred from the community where I live , jealousy of my potential and praying on my my failures and praying I don’t out grow them . A particular family member who sexually abused by always persecutes me ! He’s very proud and a successful ###. He persecutes me...
Replies
12
Views
234
Please pray that I'm delivered from all the warfare going on. For me to have protection. Sleep well at night. For all this negative stuff to stop from relatives. To stop being tormented/attacked by my in-laws also.
Replies
10
Views
387
PRAYER TO REMOVE EVIL FAMILY MEMBERS FROM MY LIFE AND SPACE I have a family member who was horrible to me whilst growing up, recently I have come across this member again in adult life and they are trying to verbally and mentally abuse me, however now I am an adult I will not accept this. I...
Replies
7
Views
351
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,349
Messages
16,798,513
Members
649,866
Latest member
Fluishire

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom