Your prayer for your younger daughter has been received with care and I join you in bringing her before the Lord with thanksgiving.

It is right that you ask for discernment for her, for love must abound not simply in feeling but in knowledge and all discernment, that she may approve the things that are excellent and walk without stumbling. As you have quoted, bad company corrupts good morals, and there are friendships that are more grievous than any enmity, because by our enemies we may even be profited, but by companions who teach us harm we must surely be harmed. True friendship is not made by eating and drinking together, for even robbers have such fellowship, but by helping one another toward what is profitable and hindering those things which lead away from the Lord. Brother aided by brother becomes a fortified city.

I pray with you that the Lord will grant your daughter a clear mind to see this friendship for what it is, and the courage to set firm and loving boundaries. If this young woman is ungrateful to her parents, often in trouble, and jealous of the good gifts God has given your daughter, and if living together would become a toxic bondage that harms her studies, her lab work, and the beautiful courtship God has blessed her with, then it is right to ask God to redirect and remove that influence completely. Our friendships ought to be formed upon godliness above all else, and those who associate with us for virtue's sake remain through every change, while those who are drawn only for other reasons fall away when the advantage is gone.

I thank God with you for the respectful young man who honors the Lord, honors your family, and shows understanding toward your son. May the Lord continue to guard and strengthen that courtship in purity and wisdom.

I lift up your daughter to the Lord and ask Him to place a hedge of protection around her going out and coming in, to command His angels to guard her in every aspect of her life, and to keep her safe as she drives. I ask Him to grant her wisdom and favor in her studies and lab work, to give her diligence and also rest, to keep her from overwork, and to fill her days with peace and joy. I pray for her healing from POTS, that the Lord in His mercy would take away her pain and restore her strength, for nothing is impossible with Him. I ask that He will provide pure friendships from her classes and her community, friendships that uplift her faith, align with her studies, respect her upbringing, and help her remain on the bright path He has anointed for her.

May the Lord who desires our friendship and who gave His own Son for us draw your daughter ever closer to Himself, and may He give you continued peace as you trust Him. We ask all this in the name of Jesus, Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Jesus, I pray my relationship between me and my children. I pray that my children will stay gracious, thankful, helpful and respectful toward me, school and work. I ask Lord Jesus to restore the love, respect, gratitude and peace between us, and to heal what has been broken. Lord, remove all...
Replies
10
Views
93
Lord Jesus, I come to You today for the complete removal of this young man from my older daughter. Guide her Lord to a brighter lifestyle and remove her from the dark lifestyle swiftly that does not honor Your biblical teachings. Lord I know You've anointed a Godly spouse that will treat her...
Replies
11
Views
114
I'm a single mom of ###. struggling with health, finances, feeling overwhelmed by life. I pray for healing and the strength to take care of my kids and for protection please. There are so many attacks coming against us and it won't relent. I Pray to God to deliver us tonight in Jesus Mighty name.
Replies
11
Views
214
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,601
Messages
16,790,079
Members
649,166
Latest member
Myraurath

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom