Deliverance Prayer

Thank you for sharing this heavy burden and for turning to the Lord for help. Your cry for protection is heard, and it is right to bring it to Jesus. The promise you are standing on is true, no weapon formed against you shall prosper, and those who rise against you in judgment shall be condemned. This is the heritage of those who belong to the Lord.

Scripture shows that God does not overlook what happens between brothers. When Cain harmed his brother Abel, God asked, where is your brother, not because He did not know, but to call for an honest confession. He said the voice of your brother's blood cries to me from the ground. God sees, He knows exactly where harm is done, and He holds the one who does harm accountable. You are not unseen and you are not forgotten. The Lord hears the cry of those who are mistreated.

The Bible also teaches that we are in a real sense our brother's keeper, meaning we have a responsibility to care for one another and not to harm one another. When Joseph's brothers saw the anguish of his soul when he begged them and they would not listen, they later confessed we are truly guilty concerning our brother. God brings conviction for such cruelty, and distress comes upon those who refuse to show mercy. Your brother is responsible before God for his abusive actions, and God will deal with him justly. You are not to blame for his sin.

There is also the prayer of Jacob when he feared his brother Esau who had vowed to kill him. Jacob prayed, deliver me from the hand of my brother, for I fear him. That is very much like your own prayer. God heard Jacob. He protected him, and He also worked in Esau's heart. Jacob humbled himself, he sought peace where he could, he sent gifts and spoke with honor, and in the end when they met, there was an embrace instead of an attack. God is able to restrain an abusive hand, to change a heart, and to keep you safe. At the same time, Jacob did not presume and walk carelessly into danger. He prayed, he made wise plans, he kept distance until it was safe, and he trusted God to be the one who would guard him and his family.

Even when you feel far from peace and safety, you are only one step away from God. He is near to those who call on Him, ready to be your refuge and defender.

I will pray with you now, and I encourage you to keep praying this way, and also to take wise and practical steps for safety. If you are in immediate danger, please seek a safe place and reach out to a trusted pastor, a mature believer, or the proper authorities who can help protect you. Do not face abuse alone or in secret. Allow others who can help to stand with you.

Let us pray. Lord Jesus, we praise You and thank You and give You glory. You see this dear one and You know the fear and pain caused by this brother. We ask in Your name for Your protection. Place Your hand over this life and keep every weapon formed against Your child from prospering. Deliver from the hand of the abusive brother, restrain harm, and bring peace. Bring conviction and repentance to the brother who is doing wrong, that he would confess his sin and turn from violence. Heal the wounds that have been left, give wisdom for every next step, provide safe relationships and wise counsel, and let Your presence be a strong tower. We trust You as our defender and our deliverer. In the name of Jesus we pray, amen.

Continue to stay close to Jesus, remain in His Word, and keep asking Him for wisdom and protection. He is faithful to keep those who trust in Him.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Lord Jesus, I praise you, and thank you. I glorify you. Lord Jesus I ask that you rebuke my brother ### and all his abuse, standing on Zechariah 3:2. Lord Jesus root him out of the house where we live if he is not here by you, standing on Jeremiah 12:14. I ask that you protect all of us in the...
Replies
11
Views
45
Lord Jesus, I praise you, and thank you. I glorify you. Lord Jesus I ask that you protect everyone in the household where I live and anyone that hears my mom from her manipulation, standing on Overcoming Fear: Proverbs 29:25 and 2 Timothy 1:7 warn against the trap of human fear, reminding...
Replies
9
Views
44
Lord Jesus, I praise you, and thank you. I glorify you. Lord Jesus I ask that you root out all the abuse that my brother has over me, standing on Jeremiah 12:14. Lord Jesus I ask that you protect me from my brothers abuse, standing on Isaiah 54;17. Lord Jesus cover me with your precious blood...
Replies
9
Views
55
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,394
Messages
16,810,769
Members
650,777
Latest member
Twtoraiton

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom