'Choke Point' - Matthew 13:18, 22

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued:] "Now listen to the explanation of the parable about the farmer planting seeds: ... The seed that fell among the thorns represents those who hear God's word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life and the lure of wealth, so no fruit is produced."

Matthew 13:18, 22 NLT

Key Thought​

Over-stimulation. Over-saturation. Over-whelmed. We feel under equipped for the sensory overload we carry each day. Commercials tell us all that is wrong with us and what we need to fix those problems. We are constantly reminded of what we need to do and what we need to pursue. There are so many choices. Then there's our stuff! We worry about it. We insure it. We move it. We hoard it. We desire it. We buy it on credit. We own it. But pretty soon it owns us. Only one thing is needed in our lives — an insatiable quest to live for the Kingdom and honor the King. All other things find their priority in relation to this one. But our desire for more stuff and our distraction by so many glittering pursuits ultimately choke out our passion for this one thing. We must not let this keep happening. We must not. I must not. Or all is out of whack.

Today's Prayer​

Holy God, please help me as I try to make the quest for your Kingdom my central orienting priority. I want to be wholly yours. I don't want to keep letting stuff, things, money, and an unhealthy desire for security rob me of my passion to live for you and to be fruitful in your work in the world. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
YNdw7-tPAEo

Continue reading...

🙏💓Let Us Pray For The Faithful Members of this Prayer Site 💓 🙏: God I ask You in Jesus’ name let every faithful member of this prayer site (including myself) make drawing close to You, knowing You, loving You, and obeying You our number one goals in life. God as we each draw close to You bless each of us to grow in the holiness of God. God help us and show us how to always seek Jesus as our source and standard of holiness. God also show us how to appreciate and excel in each of our spiritual gifts and the calling You have placed upon each of our lives. God don’t let any of us be envious or jealous of others because of their spiritual gifts, callings, and or blessings. But let each of us focus on drawing close to You, living a lifestyle of holiness, appreciating and excelling in our spiritual gifts, and all that You have called each of us to do for the glory of God. God please do the same for the writer of this prayer and all those I care about. And God please fully heal and restore each of us physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and financially for Your glory. All glory belongs to You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so in Jesus’ name.
Prayer was written by Encourager Linda Flagg, M.A., Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach

James 4:8: Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
1 Peter 1:15, 16: But as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Then [Jesus] breathed on [the disciples] and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone's sins, they are forgiven. If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." —John 20:22-23 NLT Key Thought In the Lord's Prayer and immediately following it, Jesus showed that our own...
Replies
Views
  • Article
"Don't cling to me," Jesus said [to Mary outside his tomb], "for I haven't yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" Mary Magdalene found the disciples and told them, "I have seen the Lord!" Then...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[For until John and Peter saw the empty tomb,] they still hadn't understood the Scriptures that said Jesus must rise from the dead. Then they went home. —John 20:9-10 NLT Key Thought John and Peter have made the most amazing discovery in the history of the universe, and what did they do? They...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Pilate said to the crowd,] "But you have a custom of asking me to release one prisoner each year at Passover. Would you like me to release this 'King of the Jews'?" But they shouted back, "No! Not this man. We want Barabbas!" (Barabbas was a revolutionary.) —John 18:39-40 NLT Key Thought...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus confronted the high priest who was questioning him,] one of the Temple guards standing nearby slapped Jesus across the face. "Is that the way to answer the high priest?" he demanded. Jesus replied, "If I said anything wrong, you must prove it. But if I'm speaking the truth, why are...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom