'The Thief of Truth' - Matthew 13:18-19

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued:] "Now listen to the explanation of the parable about the farmer planting seeds: The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message about the Kingdom and don't understand it. Then the evil one comes and snatches away the seed that was planted in their hearts."

Matthew 13:18-19 NLT

Key Thought​

We would like to think that hearing is just a matter of good communication, but we must remember that Satan is the ultimate deceiver, the father of lies. He does all he can to confuse good communication and rob the word of God of its power by stealing it away from those whose hearts are hard or who are struggling to understand. When communicating the Good News with those who don't understand, we need to pray for softened hearts and for hearts that desire to know Jesus. He will reveal himself to those who earnestly seek after him. On the other hand, we must guard and protect our own hearts to keep the evil one from hardening them and making the word of God irrelevant to us.

Today's Prayer​

Holy and loving God, please give me a heart that is soft and a mind that is understanding so that I may not only understand, but also be convicted by your word. I want my life to reflect the character your word is calling for in me. In Jesus' holy name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
ky1hLeaz_Ao

Continue reading...

I love this prayer. Holy and loving God, please give me a heart that is soft and a mind that is understanding so that I may not only understand, but also be convicted by your word. I want my life to reflect the character your word is calling for in me. In Jesus' holy name, I pray. Amen.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Continuing his talk with Nicodemus, Jesus said,] "There is no judgment against anyone who believes in [God's Son]. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son." —John 3:18 NLT Key Thought "There is no judgment" is used in this...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Continuing his talk with Nicodemus, Jesus said,] "No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven." —John 3:13 NLT Key Thought What is something that only you can do? Now think for a moment; is it really something only you can do? No one else in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus replied [to Nicodemus], "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God." —John 3:3 NLT Key Thought Jesus basically tells Nicodemus, a religious ruler and a righteous man, that he must start over. Not only that, he tells him he must have a fresh...
Replies
Views
  • Article
No one has ever seen God. But the unique One [Jesus], who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us. —John 1:18 NLT Key Thought God is much too holy to be seen by human eyes. A face-to-face encounter with the Holy God of Israel was beyond the scope of human...
Replies
Views
  • Article
After the wedding [Jesus] went to Capernaum for a few days with his mother, his brothers, and his disciples. —John 2:12 NLT Key Thought Ministry can be euphoric. Ministry can be discouraging. Ministry can be dangerous. In fact, the euphoria can be more dangerous than the discouragement. Many...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom