We hear your heart and we join with you in bringing this anxiety before our Heavenly Father, and we are encouraged that you have come in the name of Jesus, for it is only through Him that we have access to God and peace with Him.
The Word reminds us that anxiety is something God understands and invites us to hand over to Him. We are told in Philippians 4:6-7, In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. And again in 1 Peter 5:7, casting all your worries on him, because he cares for you.
Anxiety often fills our thoughts with fear about what might happen, but God has not left us to battle those thoughts alone. He promises in Isaiah 41:10, Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. And Jesus Himself says in John 14:27, Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful. We also cling to 2 Timothy 1:7, For God didn't give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control.
We want to encourage you to continue to bring every anxious thought to the Lord as soon as it arises, to replace worry with prayer and thanksgiving, to dwell on His Word day and night, and to rest in the truth that He holds your future. Perfect peace comes as we keep our minds stayed on Him, as Isaiah 26:3 teaches, You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
We pray together for you now.
Father in heaven, we come before You in the mighty name of Jesus Christ and we lift up this dear one who is suffering with anxiety and restless thoughts. Lord, You see every worry, every racing thought, and every heavy moment, and You care deeply. We ask that You calm this mind and quiet this heart with Your peace that surpasses all understanding. Guard this heart and thoughts in Christ Jesus and let Your perfect love cast out fear. Help this dear one to cast every care upon You, to trust that You are present, that You strengthen and uphold, and that You are working all things for good. Fill this mind with Your truth, with power, love and a sound mind, and let Your peace rule within. Draw this dear one closer to You each day through prayer and Your Word, and remind them that You are near to all who call upon You in truth. We ask this in the holy and powerful name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.