29 September 2023 - A Giver’s Heart

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year:
Isaiah 7–8, Ephesians 2

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
Proverbs 11:25

On our last day before we moved house, my friend brought her four-year-old daughter Kinslee to say goodbye. “I don’t want you to move,” said Kinslee. I hugged her and gave her a canvas, hand-painted fan from my collection. “When you miss me, use this fan and remember that I love you.” Kinslee asked if she could have a different fan—a paper one from my bag. “That one’s broken,” I said. “I want you to have my best fan.” I didn’t regret giving Kinslee my favourite fan. Seeing her happy made me happier. Later, Kinslee told her mother she was sad because I kept the broken fan. They sent me a brand-new, fancy purple fan. After giving generously to me, Kinslee felt happy again. So did I.

In a world that promotes self-gratification and self-preservation, we can be tempted to hoard instead of living with giving hearts. However, the Bible says that a person who “gives freely . . . gains even more” (Proverbs 11:24). Our culture defines prosperity as having more and more and more, but the Bible says that “a generous person will prosper” and “whoever refreshes others will be refreshed” (v. 25).

God’s unlimited and unconditional love and generosity continually recharge us. We can each have a giver’s heart and create unending giving cycles because we know God—the Giver of all good things—never gets tired of providing abundantly.

Reflect & Pray:

How has the generosity of others helped you get closer to Jesus? How can you put someone else’s needs above your own this week?

Dear God, help me give as generously as You’ve given to me.

Bible in a Year:
Isaiah 7–8, Ephesians 2

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
Proverbs 11:25

On our last day before we moved house, my friend brought her four-year-old daughter Kinslee to say goodbye. “I don’t want you to move,” said Kinslee. I hugged her and gave her a canvas, hand-painted fan from my collection. “When you miss me, use this fan and remember that I love you.” Kinslee asked if she could have a different fan—a paper one from my bag. “That one’s broken,” I said. “I want you to have my best fan.” I didn’t regret giving Kinslee my favourite fan. Seeing her happy made me happier. Later, Kinslee told her mother she was sad because I kept the broken fan. They sent me a brand-new, fancy purple fan. After giving generously to me, Kinslee felt happy again. So did I.

In a world that promotes self-gratification and self-preservation, we can be tempted to hoard instead of living with giving hearts. However, the Bible says that a person who “gives freely . . . gains even more” (Proverbs 11:24). Our culture defines prosperity as having more and more and more, but the Bible says that “a generous person will prosper” and “whoever refreshes others will be refreshed” (v. 25).

God’s unlimited and unconditional love and generosity continually recharge us. We can each have a giver’s heart and create unending giving cycles because we know God—the Giver of all good things—never gets tired of providing abundantly.

Reflect & Pray:

How has the generosity of others helped you get closer to Jesus? How can you put someone else’s needs above your own this week?

Dear God, help me give as generously as You’ve given to me.

I have given to God my heart, my mind and my soul. Everything I have belongs to Him, He has given to me as a blessing and now I am giving back to Him as sweet offering to His holy name. O Let us all come to His holy presence with praise to His holy name. For Your name is great and greatly to be praised... Let us all raise our voice to God almighty, praising and glorifying His holy name. Amen

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Proverbs 25–26, 2 Corinthians 9 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2 In 2014, biologists captured a pair of orange pygmy seahorses in the Philippines. They collected the marine creatures, along with a section...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Haggai 1–2 , Revelation 17 Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19 After all the joy of Christmas Day, the following day felt like a let-down. We’d stayed overnight with friends but hadn’t slept well. Then our car broke down as we were...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Ecclesiastes 7–9, 2 Corinthians 13 “Neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.” John 8:11 When one single mother had to find work to take care of her family in the 1950s, she took on typing jobs. The only issue was that she wasn’t a very...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Micah 4–5,Revelation 12 Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God. Psalm 42:11 My mother’s shiny red cross should have been hanging next to her bed at the cancer care centre. And I should have been preparing for holiday visits between her...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom