21 September 2023 - God Covers Our Sin

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study on PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year:
Ecclesiastes 7–9, 2 Corinthians 13

“Neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
John 8:11

When one single mother had to find work to take care of her family in the 1950s, she took on typing jobs. The only issue was that she wasn’t a very good typist and kept making mistakes. She looked for ways to cover up her errors and eventually created what became known as Liquid Paper, a white correction fluid used to cover up typing errors. Once it dries, you can type over the cover-up as if there were no errors.

Jesus offers us an infinitely more powerful and important way to deal with our sin—no cover-up but complete forgiveness. A good example of this shows up in the beginning of John 8 in the story of a woman who was caught in adultery (vv. 3–4). The teachers of the law wanted Jesus to do something about the woman and her sins. The law said she should be stoned, but Christ didn’t bother to entertain what the law did or didn’t say. He simply offered a reminder that all have sinned (see Romans 3:23) and told anyone who hadn’t sinned to “throw a stone at” the woman (John 8:7). Not one rock was tossed.

Jesus offered her a fresh start. He said He didn’t condemn her and instructed that she “leave [her] life of sin” (v. 11). Christ gave her the solution to forgive her sin and ‘type’ a new way of living over her past. That same offer is available to us by His grace.

Reflect & Pray
How has Jesus and the forgiveness of sin He provides written a new story in your life? How will this help you treat others who’ve sinned?

Dear Jesus, thank You for cleansing me of my sins. Help me to live a renewed life in You.

Bible in a Year:
Ecclesiastes 7–9, 2 Corinthians 13

“Neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
John 8:11

When one single mother had to find work to take care of her family in the 1950s, she took on typing jobs. The only issue was that she wasn’t a very good typist and kept making mistakes. She looked for ways to cover up her errors and eventually created what became known as Liquid Paper, a white correction fluid used to cover up typing errors. Once it dries, you can type over the cover-up as if there were no errors.

Jesus offers us an infinitely more powerful and important way to deal with our sin—no cover-up but complete forgiveness. A good example of this shows up in the beginning of John 8 in the story of a woman who was caught in adultery (vv. 3–4). The teachers of the law wanted Jesus to do something about the woman and her sins. The law said she should be stoned, but Christ didn’t bother to entertain what the law did or didn’t say. He simply offered a reminder that all have sinned (see Romans 3:23) and told anyone who hadn’t sinned to “throw a stone at” the woman (John 8:7). Not one rock was tossed.

Jesus offered her a fresh start. He said He didn’t condemn her and instructed that she “leave [her] life of sin” (v. 11). Christ gave her the solution to forgive her sin and ‘type’ a new way of living over her past. That same offer is available to us by His grace.

Reflect & Pray
How has Jesus and the forgiveness of sin He provides written a new story in your life? How will this help you treat others who’ve sinned?

Dear Jesus, thank You for cleansing me of my sins. Help me to live a renewed life in You.

Thank you Jesus for saving my soul from sin and evil. Thank you for opening the gates of heaven se we can enter in. The New Jerusalem is waiting for all of us who believe, trust and wait for the Lord. His coming is soon and we must be in prayer waiting for His arrival.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Micah 4–5,Revelation 12 Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God. Psalm 42:11 My mother’s shiny red cross should have been hanging next to her bed at the cancer care centre. And I should have been preparing for holiday visits between her...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 51–52 , Hebrews 9 She said to herself, “If I only touch [Jesus’] cloak, I will be healed.” Matthew 9:21 Dizziness struck me in the stairwell of the office building. Overwhelmed, I gripped the banister because the stairs seemed to spin. As my heart pounded and my...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 7–8, Ephesians 2 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25 On our last day before we moved house, my friend brought her four-year-old daughter Kinslee to say goodbye. “I don’t want you to move,” said Kinslee. I hugged her...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Nancy woke up the Sun was shining in her room so she went to the window and pushed it open. As she did so, a light breeze rushed in and ruffled her hair. She closed the window, sat on her bed, and just as she was about to get ready to take a shower her phone beeped. She checked the text and...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom