26 September 2023 - A Distinct Cry

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year:
Isaiah 1–2 , Galatians 5

How gracious [God] will be when you cry for help!
Isaiah 30:19

When babies cry, it’s a signal that they’re tired or hungry, right? Well, according to doctors at one university, subtle differences in a baby’s cries can also provide important clues for other problems. Doctors have devised a computer programme that measures cry factors like pitch, volume and how clear the cry sound is to determine if something’s wrong with the baby’s central nervous system.

Isaiah prophesied that God would hear the distinct cries of His people, determine their hearts’ condition and respond with grace. The people of Judah, rather than consulting God, had ignored His prophet and sought help in an alliance with Egypt (Isaiah 30:1–7). God told them that if they chose to continue in their rebellion, He’d bring about their defeat and humiliation. However, He also longed “to be gracious to [them]; . . . to show [them] compassion” (v. 18). Rescue would come, but only through their cries of repentance and faith. If God’s people did cry out to Him, He would forgive their sins and renew their spiritual strength and vitality (vv. 8–26).

The same holds true for believers in Jesus today. When our distinct cries of repentance and trust reach the ears of our heavenly Father, He hears them, forgives us and renews our joy and hope in Him.

Reflect & Pray
Why are you tempted to rebel against God and seek help apart from Him? How does repentance before Him lead to reconciliation and life?

Dear God, forgive me for seeking safety, security and protection apart from You. Please restore my love for You.

Cry out to God when trouble comes, He will answer from heaven with blessing to those who believe and trust His word. In Me ye shall have peace...says the Lord.

Holy are You o Lord God. All the redeemed of the Lord will worship now for the cry of heaven came to my heart to save me, help me and heal me. I shall forever thank and praise to God for His word is true and if we just obey what it says, Jesus will bless our life.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Haggai 1–2 , Revelation 17 Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19 After all the joy of Christmas Day, the following day felt like a let-down. We’d stayed overnight with friends but hadn’t slept well. Then our car broke down as we were...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 25–26,Matthew 8:1–17 Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. Psalm 55:17 A young Prince William was playing in Buckingham Palace when he tripped and fell over. Palace staff rushed to his aid. “Gary!” he cried. But who was Gary? Much...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Hosea 1–4, Revelation 1 I will not forget you! - Isaiah 49:15 As a child, I collected postage stamps. When my angkong (Fukienese for “grandfather”) heard of my hobby, he started saving stamps from post deliveries to his office every day. Whenever I visited my grandparents...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Proverbs 25–26, 2 Corinthians 9 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2 In 2014, biologists captured a pair of orange pygmy seahorses in the Philippines. They collected the marine creatures, along with a section...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 37–38,Colossians 3 May [God] give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Ephesians 1:17 In 2001, a premature baby named Christopher Duffley surprised doctors by surviving. At five months old, he entered the foster care system until his...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom