11 February 2024 - I’ve Seen God’s Faithfulness

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year :
Leviticus 11–12 , Matthew 26:1–25

I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name. - 2 Samuel 22:50

Throughout her historic seventy years as Britain’s ruler, Queen Elizabeth II only endorsed only one biography about her life with a personal foreword, The Servant Queen and the King She Serves. Released in celebration of her ninetieth birthday, the book recounts how her faith guided her as she served her country. In the foreword, Queen Elizabeth expressed gratitude for everyone who’d prayed for her, and she thanked God for His steadfast love. She concluded, “I have indeed seen His faithfulness.”

Queen Elizabeth’s simple statement (before her death) echoes the testimonies of men and women throughout history who’ve experienced the personal, faithful care of God in their lives. It’s this theme underlying a beautiful song King David wrote as he reflected on his life. Recorded in 2 Samuel 22, the song speaks of God’s faithfulness in protecting David, providing for him and even rescuing him when his very life was in danger (vv. 3–4, 44). In response to his experience of God’s faithfulness, David wrote, “I will sing the praises of your name” (v. 50).

While there’s added beauty when God’s faithfulness is seen over a long lifetime, we don’t have to wait to recount His care in our lives. When we recognise that it’s not our own abilities that carry us through life but the faithful care of a loving Father, we’re moved to gratitude and praise.

Reflect & Pray
How have you seen God’s faithfulness? How might you express your gratitude to Him?

Heavenly Father, I’m so grateful that in every season of life—through sorrow or joy—I’ve seen Your faithfulness.

❤️ There are many, many promises of God in Scripture. In each promise, God pledges that something will (or will not) be done or given or come to pass. These are not flippant, casual promises such as we often make; these promises of God are rock-solid, unequivocal commitments made by God Himself. Because God is faithful, the recipients of the divine promises can have full assurance that what God has pledged will indeed be realized. But remember, "Some promises of God are based upon you being obedient to God's Word and Will for your life (Romans 8:28).

Numbers 23:19 NKJV: “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
Numbers 23:19 NLT: God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
❤️ There are many, many promises of God in Scripture. In each promise, God pledges that something will (or will not) be done or given or come to pass. These are not flippant, casual promises such as we often make; these promises of God are rock-solid, unequivocal commitments made by God Himself. Because God is faithful, the recipients of the divine promises can have full assurance that what God has pledged will indeed be realized. But remember, "Some promises of God are based upon you being obedient to God's Word and Will for your life (Romans 8:28).

Numbers 23:19 NKJV: “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
Numbers 23:19 NLT: God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?

God's word is the key to having a good life! :)

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 25–26,Matthew 8:1–17 Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. Psalm 55:17 A young Prince William was playing in Buckingham Palace when he tripped and fell over. Palace staff rushed to his aid. “Gary!” he cried. But who was Gary? Much...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 14–15,Matthew 17 People look at the outside appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:7 Many years ago, Julie Landsman auditioned to be the principal French hornist for a prominent opera orchestra. The orchestra held their auditions behind a screen to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I would like to say that spiritual growth is not about suppressing who you are but discovering your true identity in Christ. Sometimes, I find myself studying the Word of God. It said: Lord, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 22–23, Titus 1 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. - Psalm 61:4 There are several Canada goose families with baby geese at the pond near our home. The little goslings are so fluffy and cute; it’s hard not to watch them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 7–9 , Matthew 3 May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. - Psalm 33:22 Oceanographer Sylvia Earle has seen the deterioration of coral reefs first-hand. She founded Mission Blue, an organisation devoted to the development of global...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom