10 January 2024 - "Gary!"

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.
Bible in a Year :
Genesis 25–26,Matthew 8:1–17

Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.
Psalm 55:17

A young Prince William was playing in Buckingham Palace when he tripped and fell over. Palace staff rushed to his aid. “Gary!” he cried. But who was Gary? Much confusion followed. Was Gary on the staff? A friend?

Suddenly the Queen herself appeared. Completely deadpan, she announced, “I’m Gary.” Going to comfort her grandson, she explained, “He hasn’t learnt to say Granny yet.”

That was my favourite Queen Elizabeth II story to circulate after she passed away in 2022. It showed the love and devotion she had for her family.

However, realistically, no earthly ruler can extend this kind of intimate attention and care to every person under their sovereignty. Yet when it comes to the King of kings, no one is ever lost in the crowd. This was certainly King David’s hope as he reeled from the betrayal of a friend (Psalm 55:12). He wrote, “As for me, I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice” (vv. 16–17).

Prince William could expect the Queen to answer his cries because she was his grandmother. We too can cry out to the Lord—day or night—and expect His attention: we are more than His subjects; we are each individually loved as His children. So “Cast your cares on the Lord,” David encourages us, “and he will sustain you” (v. 22).

How does it encourage you to know the Lord is always attentive to your cries? What does it look like for you to seek His sustenance when life is hard?

Heavenly Father, thank You that I can cry out to You “evening, morning and noon”. Your ears are always attentive to me, Your precious child.

Bible in a Year :

A young Prince William was playing in Buckingham Palace when he tripped and fell over. Palace staff rushed to his aid. “Gary!” he cried. But who was Gary? Much confusion followed. Was Gary on the staff? A friend?

Suddenly the Queen herself appeared. Completely deadpan, she announced, “I’m Gary.” Going to comfort her grandson, she explained, “He hasn’t learnt to say Granny yet.”

That was my favourite Queen Elizabeth II story to circulate after she passed away in 2022. It showed the love and devotion she had for her family.

However, realistically, no earthly ruler can extend this kind of intimate attention and care to every person under their sovereignty. Yet when it comes to the King of kings, no one is ever lost in the crowd. This was certainly King David’s hope as he reeled from the betrayal of a friend (Psalm 55:12). He wrote, “As for me, I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice” (vv. 16–17).

Prince William could expect the Queen to answer his cries because she was his grandmother. We too can cry out to the Lord—day or night—and expect His attention: we are more than His subjects; we are each individually loved as His children. So “Cast your cares on the Lord,” David encourages us, “and he will sustain you” (v. 22).

How does it encourage you to know the Lord is always attentive to your cries? What does it look like for you to seek His sustenance when life is hard?

Heavenly Father, thank You that I can cry out to You “evening, morning and noon”. Your ears are always attentive to me, Your precious child.
Racism and discrimination comes from satan, those who practice this need our prayer for deliverance. Jesus clearly told those who believe and trust Him. Love one another as I have loved you. Satan says, hate each other, kill other, murder and destroy others. That clearly comes from hells burning fire to make the life of sinners a hell on earth.

Bible in a Year :

Jesus will hear us from heaven when we read His word and obey what He says.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Leviticus 11–12 , Matthew 26:1–25 I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name. - 2 Samuel 22:50 Throughout her historic seventy years as Britain’s ruler, Queen Elizabeth II only endorsed only one biography about her life with a personal...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 14–15,Matthew 17 People look at the outside appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:7 Many years ago, Julie Landsman auditioned to be the principal French hornist for a prominent opera orchestra. The orchestra held their auditions behind a screen to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 30–31 , Mark 15:1–25 I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them! Numbers 11:29 When I joined a group of Christian children’s book authors who prayed for one another and helped spread the word about each other’s...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 7–9 , Matthew 3 May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. - Psalm 33:22 Oceanographer Sylvia Earle has seen the deterioration of coral reefs first-hand. She founded Mission Blue, an organisation devoted to the development of global...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[They hear] the word, but the worries of this life . . . choke the word. (read Matthew 13:22) After burying a few seeds in a pot in my garden, I waited to see the results. Reading that the seeds would sprout within ten to fourteen days, I checked often as I watered the soil. Soon I saw a few...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom