3 January 2024 - Spotting Hope

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year :
Genesis 7–9 , Matthew 3

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. - Psalm 33:22

Oceanographer Sylvia Earle has seen the deterioration of coral reefs first-hand. She founded Mission Blue, an organisation devoted to the development of global “hope spots”. These special places around the world are “critical to the health of the ocean”, which impacts our lives on earth. Through the intentional care for these areas, scientists have seen the relationships of underwater communities restored and lives of endangered species preserved.

In Psalm 33, the psalmist acknowledges that God spoke everything into existence and ensured that all He made would stand firm (vv. 6–9). As God reigns over generations and nations (vv. 11–19), He alone restores relationships, saves lives and revitalises hope. However, God invites us to join Him in caring for the world and the people He created, even for people who do not believe in God.

Each time we praise God for the whisper of a rainbow splashed across a clouded, grey sky or the glistening waves of the ocean crashing against a rocky shore, we can proclaim His “unfailing love” and presence as we “put our hope” in Him (v. 22).

When we’re tempted towards discouragement or fear as we consider the current state of the world, we may begin to believe we can’t make a difference. When we do our part as members of God’s care team, however, we can honour Him as the Creator and help others spot hope.

Reflect:
1) How has God used nature to affirm your hope in Him?

2) How can you serve as part of His care team?

Bible in a Year :
Genesis 7–9 , Matthew 3

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. - Psalm 33:22

Oceanographer Sylvia Earle has seen the deterioration of coral reefs first-hand. She founded Mission Blue, an organisation devoted to the development of global “hope spots”. These special places around the world are “critical to the health of the ocean”, which impacts our lives on earth. Through the intentional care for these areas, scientists have seen the relationships of underwater communities restored and lives of endangered species preserved.

In Psalm 33, the psalmist acknowledges that God spoke everything into existence and ensured that all He made would stand firm (vv. 6–9). As God reigns over generations and nations (vv. 11–19), He alone restores relationships, saves lives and revitalises hope. However, God invites us to join Him in caring for the world and the people He created, even for people who do not believe in God.

Each time we praise God for the whisper of a rainbow splashed across a clouded, grey sky or the glistening waves of the ocean crashing against a rocky shore, we can proclaim His “unfailing love” and presence as we “put our hope” in Him (v. 22).

When we’re tempted towards discouragement or fear as we consider the current state of the world, we may begin to believe we can’t make a difference. When we do our part as members of God’s care team, however, we can honour Him as the Creator and help others spot hope.

Reflect:
1) How has God used nature to affirm your hope in Him?

2) How can you serve as part of His care team?
My only hope in this world is to see Jesus face to face at the gates of heavern. Welcoming all of us to enter in and be with Him forever and ever. Amen

Reach out and claim the blessings of the Lord coming in from heaven. Our hope in the Lord will forever live in our hearts when we give ourselves to Him and receive His blessings from God Himself.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 25–26,Matthew 8:1–17 Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. Psalm 55:17 A young Prince William was playing in Buckingham Palace when he tripped and fell over. Palace staff rushed to his aid. “Gary!” he cried. But who was Gary? Much...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Leviticus 11–12 , Matthew 26:1–25 I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name. - 2 Samuel 22:50 Throughout her historic seventy years as Britain’s ruler, Queen Elizabeth II only endorsed only one biography about her life with a personal...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 43–45 , Matthew 12:24–50 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15 On Charley and Jan’s fiftieth wedding anniversary, they shared breakfast at a café with their son Jon. That day, the restaurant was understaffed with just a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 27–28,Matthew 21:1–22 In humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3–4 Humility is difficult, and can be inconvenient. As I queued to enter the Church of the Nativity in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Judges 1–3,Luke 4:1–30 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. Mark 11:13 The barren and withered fig tree, representing an unfaithful nation soon to be overrun by its enemies, is a common Old Testament image (Isaiah 28:4; 34:4...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom