Yesterday I told God I was going to glorify ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanFosseneuve

Account Closed
Yesterday I told God I was going to glorify him. And I am. Today I went for a job interview and I didn't get the job. However, as I was laying down today, I felt peace inside me. I am well aware of what the job could've meant for me and the benefits that it could've brought. But I serve a God who is handling my affairs in the best way he does because I know that I am his. "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." - Romans 8:28. I told God that in joy or disappointment I would honor him and glorify him. I know that he is working and is restoring divine order in my life. It's easy to disregard God when the good that he is doing isn't seen clearly in life. Of course, we would all praise and even jump with joy when a God comes through when we ask him for a job or a cure we have been asking for when cancer has come. Of course, we will worship a Jesus that gives us the good life. But that's not the Jesus I serve. He did not come to give us material possessions or even the good life. This is why I am so opposed to the prosperity Gospel. If I had believed in a Jesus who gives me the good life, health, and wealth and prosperity then I would be disappointed right now. The Lord has supplied everything I need to glorify him and enjoy him. I don't need anything else than what I already have to be sufficient in carrying out his plan for my life. It's times like this that our true Christian character is tested. Yah, I must admit that not getting the job sucked and that I probably would've been happy. I am not doubting or trying to suppress my feelings but look at my situation in truth. In times like this, I will have faith. Abraham and Moses were great men of faith, yet God took them through the hard times of life so that in that hard time their character would grow into faith. Like I said, of course, we will have faith in a Jesus when life is good, but what about when life doesn't go as planned? We must remain faithful in God and know that he is working no matter what the situation might say. And with this, I have peace inside like never before because I know I have been obedient to him and it's only going to continue. He is good and he is working good in the affairs of his children. And I have faith that he has made me strong. Because this is where the boys are separated from the real men. This is where those who say they are spiritual yet are far away from God are separated. This is where the sheep is separated from the goats. I am glad that I have God as my everlasting treasure in this life and he is all I need regardless of the pain and possessions. To Jesus, I look and to him, I will keep on smiling. Have a good day everyone.
 
Lord, hear this ### and answer their prayer(s). Be there for them and show them you are listening, that you will be there every step of the way. I pray for this, in Jesus name, Amen.
 
God bless you as I have prayed for you in Jesus name. Jesus loves us all. Amen
 
May the Lord draw you close to Him during this time. I pray that this situation would be used for His glory, and you would be blessed with the peace in knowing that His will is always perfect! Amen.
 
God bless you as I will pray for you in Jesus name and loving heart. May He watch over you and help you with the prayers you are asking for. Praise God. Jesus love all of us. Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

On Thursday, my wife went off on me about everything going on. Essentially, I got yelled at about not working remote, that I am fat, that I am not a provider for my family, that my kids don’t want to see me or be around me, that she was going to harm herself because I am gone for work 11 hours a...
Replies
7
Views
254
It’s been a pattern in my life whenever I got into a romantic relationship, I always ended up getting hurt and alone, destroying myself mentally, emotionally, physically. In 2023, I went through one of the most traumatic incidents where one person came into my life, and we both shared all...
Replies
6
Views
354
Please cooperate with me! I would share this with my heart. Your insights, guidance would be deeply appreciated. I am ### from India. I am Hindu. Yes, I worshipped Hindu Gods, I kept fast for them, I went to temples, I celebrated all Hindu festivals & I read many mantras. By the grace of God...
Replies
8
Views
335
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,255
Messages
16,820,598
Members
651,285
Latest member
Spaularian

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom