What is the Sabbath?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

KJB 1611, Genesis 2:

2 And on the seuenth day God ended his worke, which hee had made: And he rested on the seuenth day from all his worke, which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seuenth day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his worke, which God created and made.

So he rested and he blessed and sanctified only the 7th day. Sanctified means PUT Apart and Blessed means made HOLY. So it is important that we understand which day this really is, don't you think? None of the other days were blessed nor sanctified. In the Bible Sabbath means rest day to indicate the day the Lord rested. Ie, the day that is Holy and Set Apart. So, then, when is this Sabbath Day (In Hebrew Shabbat)

The word Sabbath means Rest Day . Saturday also refers to only one day in the many languages and many still retain parts of the word Sabbath in them. There is plenty of evidence Sabbath means Saturday in historical records.

Further, in the acknowledgement of the Catholic Church, and the ruler Constantine they changed the worship day to Sunday to honor their sun-god, see blog posts for Saturday/Sunday for the evidence, historical records, and other data to show this most Holy of days was to be profaned.

So they did change days and times in the time of Constantine, and the Catholic Church is again gathering religions in the one world movement to again make everyone worship on Sunday in order to honor the beast on the day designated for Baal, the sun-god, Nimrod, etc.. So, if it is and was a pagan designated day for pagan worship then God forbid anyone rub this day in the creator's face so to speak. AT the time of the original decrees Constantine was already with Rome following the sun-god. You can still see this openly today by noticing the rays of sunlight coming from most images of Christ or the "Virgen Mary" including the Pope's head gear and staff he uses. This was their way of bring the Christians to follow the day change that was made an edict by Constantine. They f

In 583 AD the eastern Emperor Justinian issued his famous decree that made the Pope the legal "Head of all the Holy Churches".
From 538 AD to 1798 AD, I think, the Roman Catholic Papal System was very confused, due to political and military situations in Europe and in the Middle east. This was the dark ages, when Rome called for the Crusades against the pagan Muslims, and later they used the Inquisition, etc., against anyone they viewed as an enemy of the Catholic Church. The Roman Empire fell in 476 AD (Caesar/Roman Empire).

Also consider these statements about Linus, the Pope (Bishop of Rome) who directly followed Peter:

Constantine who with Rome followed the sun-god, made images with their edict showing Christ and the Virgen Mary with rays of sunlight coming out of the images. They further said terrible things about the Holy Sabbath Day, forcing people to profane this day with work and other things. They made the Holy Day profane, and caused the Christians to think they were worshiping Christ with a resurrection on the idol day, as a good thing, when the Father only sanctified the Sabbath Day. Constantine named this sun-day the "Lord's Day". Who is this Lord? This is non other than Baal. That is what this idol god's name means- Lord.

The passage by Irenaeus (Adv. haereses, III, iii, 3) reads: "After the Holy Apostles (Peter and Paul) had founded and set the Church in order (in Rome) they gave over the exercise of the episcopal office to Linus. The same Linus is mentioned by Apostle Paul in his Epistle to Timothy. His successor was Anacletus."

Linus was also mentioned in II Timothy 4:21

Sunday is often spoken of as "the Christian Sabbath," but this is not a technical description. Sunday is not a strict replacement for the Sabbath, but a day the Catholic Church (Early Church) instituted to fulfill a parallel function. Thus Ignatius of Antioch, the earliest Church Father to address this question, states that Christian converts "have given up keeping the Sabbath and now order their lives by the Lord's Day instead, the day when life first dawned for us, thanks to him [Christ] and his death." (Letter to the Magnesians 9 [A.D. 107]).

Yes it was the Catholic Bishop of Rome (later known as Pope) who officially changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday in Christendom after Constantine the Great's 321 A.D. edict. Sylvester I (314-335 A.D.) was the Bishop of Rome during the reign of Constantine who gave his "stamp of approval" to the 321 Edict. Sylvester I did this because being in the office of the Bishop of Rome, with its positional authority. Thus, nodding his approval. This change from Saturday to Sunday was later confirmed at a council of Bishops at the Council of Laodicea (363 A.D.) said; "Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath"...meaning Saturday. The Catholics are so proud that they profaned the Sabbath, that it is in the Catechism Book to this day, telling their sun-worshipers what they did.

Sylvester I (314-337 A.D.) was the pope during the reign of Constantine. Here is what he thought of the Bible Sabbath: "If every Sunday is to be observed joyfully by the Christians on account of the resurrection, then every Sabbath on account of the burial is to be execration [loathing or cursing] of the Jews."--quoted by S. R. E. Humbert, Adversus Graecorum calumnias 6, in Patrologie Cursus Completus, Series Latina, ed. J.P. Migne, 1844, p. 143.

There is a lot of evidence the Sabbath was Saturday, and still is as the only day the Father made blessed and sanctified. Below you can see the language evidence which covers thousands of years. Shabbat (Hebrew) aka Sabbath aka Saturday.

Saying Saturday in European Languages

Saying Saturday in Asian Languages

Saying Saturday in Middle-Eastern Languages

Saying Saturday in African Languages

Saying Saturday in Austronesian Languages

Saying Saturday in Other Foreign Languages

24. So I have told you, and I am free of your blood upon my hands.

My Blood was never on your hands. And Your blood is not on my hands. I know how to read the Bible for myself. I spend quiet quality time alone with God and I listen to him. You seek the internet or other books on Chruch History to validate what you said. I seek the face and word of God to validate what I have told you.

This is not true.... You used stuff that I have not seen in the Bible to try to prove your point..."We do not believe in any church, custom, man, book, or other doctrine of any kind outside the Bible. What you posted in not in any Bible I have seen.
Most people follow their forefathers, neighbors, and church leaders blindly (this may be true for you, but it is not true in my life. I follow the Word of God (not you, not my pastor, forefathers, neighbors or any church leaders). God is my Father. I follow my father God.

John 10:27-31 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

Last edited:
My Blood was never on your hands. And Your blood is not on my hands. I know how to read the Bible for myself. I spend quiet quality time alone with God and I listen to him. You seek the internet or other books on Chruch History to validate what you said. I seek the face and word of God to validate what I have told you.

This is not true.... You used stuff that I have not seen in the Bible to try to prove your point..."We do not believe in any church, custom, man, book, or other doctrine of any kind outside the Bible. What you posted in not in any Bible I have seen.
Most people follow their forefathers, neighbors, and church leaders blindly (this may be true for you, but it is not true in my life. I follow the Word of God (not you, not my pastor, forefathers, neighbors or any church leaders). God is my Father. I follow my father God.

John 10:27-31 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

Ezekial33:

8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

No True Christian is going to hell or wicked because they go to church on Sunday. There are clear passages that mention the first day of the week, Sunday. For instance, Acts 20:7 states that “on the first day of the week we came together to break bread.” Paul also urges the Corinthian believers, “On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income” (1 Corinthians 16:2). Since Paul designates this offering as “service” in 2 Corinthians 9:12, this collection may have been linked with the Sunday worship service of the Christian assembly. Historically, Sunday, not Saturday, was the normal meeting day for Christians in the church, and its practice dates back to the first century.
-----------
Are you calling me wicked because you are walking in error? Are you calling me wicked because I don't agree with your error of the Word of God. No True Christian is going to hell or wicked because they go to church on Sunday. Are you calling me wicked because you belong to or attend what sounds like a pseudo-Christian ministry. Did not your pastor or anyone in your church teach you how to walk in love and mercy with those who don't agree with what you believe in. What you are trying to do is make me believe what goes against the New Testament Writing. God wrote the Bible not man. I will walk in the Truth Of The Word of God.

Have you ever read the New Testament? Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? Are you saved?

-------

Pray This Prayer From Your Heart It is the Sinner's Prayer

God I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart
that Jesus Christ is Your Son and You raised Jesus from
the dead. God I ask You in Jesus name save me now.
Forgive me for all my sins. Come live in my heart and
make me one of Your children that You are proud to call
Your own. Be my Lord and Savior. Jesus Thank You for loving me, dying for

me on the cross, and saving me. Thank You. Amen.
Read: John 3:16, John 14::6, & Romans 10:9.

Last edited:
It isn't the point. There are things that happen like King David, while the Bible talks about pray that your flight not be on the Sabbath. If we understand the day is sanctified and blessed and it is the only day the Father sanctified and blessed, we should attempt to be more righteous than the scribes and the Pharisees as Jesus instructed us to do.

If we however ignore his commands, he was very clear: That we do not love him and he will say that he does not know us. There are things that happen: We had a pastor have a heart attack here, the hospital does not provide medicine. We had to go and buy his medicine on the Sabbath. This is breaking the law. But what we did was greater than breaking the law, we loved him so much that we went to save him on the Sabbath Day. That is what the exception is about. I do have Adventist friends.
I havelots of ex seventh day adventist who go to Sunday churches..

It isn't the point. There are things that happen like King David, while the Bible talks about pray that your flight not be on the Sabbath. If we understand the day is sanctified and blessed and it is the only day the Father sanctified and blessed, we should attempt to be more righteous than the scribes and the Pharisees as Jesus instructed us to do.

If we however ignore his commands, he was very clear: That we do not love him and he will say that he does not know us. There are things that happen: We had a pastor have a heart attack here, the hospital does not provide medicine. We had to go and buy his medicine on the Sabbath. This is breaking the law. But what we did was greater than breaking the law, we loved him so much that we went to save him on the Sabbath Day. That is what the exception is about. I do have Adventist friends.
The exception is to do good on the Sabbath.. doing good is not breaking the Sabbath, my pastor as I said took family members and friends to restaurants on the Sabbath day and the ones who werent saved ended up getting saved due to his act of doing good, due to his act of love, the kind of love that God gives us, and not all of them ended up seventh day adventist, don't forget Ellen g white failed on some of her prophecies..

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Whatever you may believe, you are incorrect. I had a student and responded very quickly because of the student coming to class.

1. Doctrine & Custom belong to religion
2. God's only doctrine is his WORD.
3. In his word are many people's words. The one's to pay attention to are: Yahweh & Yeshuah , the rest are like Moses, we should listen, but we should default to what The Father and his Son said
4. We do not believe in any church, custom, man, book, or other doctrine of any kind outside the Bible.
5. Most people follow their forefathers, neighbors, and church leaders blindly.
6. The book of Joel talks about Pastors/Ministers and the like Howling/Screaming on the day that Yeshuah comes. Why is that do you think? It isn't because they were doing what was right.
7. Once I tell you to do what is right, my obligation is removed for me, and your blood is not upon me. So, I speak with the truth. Anyone who chooses to hear, let him hear for the time is short.
8. Matthew 5:18
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
9. John 14:15
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
10. Matthew 5:20
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21. Jesus was very clear. Most people ignore what he said, and justify Jesus with Love.
22. I do not negate the Love, for truly it is grand.
23. But again Jesus was very clear:
Luke 13:
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

24. So I have told you, and I am free of your blood upon my hands.
The sabbath is not so much a day as it is an appointed time. It has to do with phases of the moon and the sun. Because pope gregory changed our calendar in 1582, the sabbath could not possibly fall on every saturday or every sunday. And you have to remember the israelites had different sabbaths: annual sabbaths and weekly sabbaths. It is interesting to note God's feasts happen in a pattern each year and the sabbaths are interwoven in them. So no matter what calendar we are on, if we know phases of moon and sun, we can know when a sabbath day occurs. For instance veterrans day occured on a sabbath day. How do i know? I have a calendar that shows me. This calendar was made by a software company that was commissioned by a group of ex seventh day adventists. You see since the 7th day adventists were deceived by the church,they wanted know when the true sabbath was. When i found this calendar i asked God if this was correct about the sabbaths. I said Lord if this is true show me. And He did over and over and over. Im posting on my phone so i will post more later.

The sabbath is not so much a day as it is an appointed time. It has to do with phases of the moon and the sun. Because pope gregory changed our calendar in 1582, the sabbath could not possibly fall on every saturday or every sunday. And you have to remember the israelites had different sabbaths: annual sabbaths and weekly sabbaths. It is interesting to note God's feasts happen in a pattern each year and the sabbaths are interwoven in them. So no matter what calendar we are on, if we know phases of moon and sun, we can know when a sabbath day occurs. For instance veterrans day occured on a sabbath day. How do i know? I have a calendar that shows me. This calendar was made by a software company that was commissioned by a group of ex seventh day adventists. You see since the 7th day adventists were deceived by the church,they wanted know when the true sabbath was. When i found this calendar i asked God if this was correct about the sabbaths. I said Lord if this is true show me. And He did over and over and over. Im posting on my phone so i will post more later.
There are fesitval and new moon Sabbaths, I did not cover them in this post. It is very specific to the day we are to worship. I am aware of the changes, and how the calendar revolves. You will not however, this is a function of a sun calendar and not a lunar caldendar. The sabbaths align more correctly with a lunar calendar which is what was used by the ancient Hebrews. I appreciate your point. The point of this article is on a superficial level for people's choices to worship on a pagan day, so that people would pay atten tion and seek instead what was right. In the future I will do a posting about calendars, and the actual days, and later the festival and new moon sabbaths. =-)

The exception is to do good on the Sabbath.. doing good is not breaking the Sabbath, my pastor as I said took family members and friends to restaurants on the Sabbath day and the ones who werent saved ended up getting saved due to his act of doing good, due to his act of love, the kind of love that God gives us, and not all of them ended up seventh day adventist, don't forget Ellen g white failed on some of her prophecies..
I had said she (Ellen is a false prophet) and I am not advocating that. Rather, to not worship on a pagan day.
There are many commands about the Sabbath Day:
1. Do good
2. Not light a fire
3. Not travel beyond a certain distance
4. Not Work'
5. Not Buy
6. Not Sell
As examples. I will do these on subsequent postings. =-)

I havelots of ex seventh day adventist who go to Sunday churches..
I understand people get disillusioned and change, but again, I was not advocating the 7th day church, rather, that there is a separate, sanctified day and most people ignore it and worship on a profane day.

Similar Requests

• Article
The real Christmas story is the story of God’s becoming a human being in the Person of Jesus Christ. Why did God do such a thing? Because He loves us! Why was Christmas necessary? Because we needed a Savior! Why does God love us so much? Because He is love itself (1 John 4:8). Why do we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus said to [the Pharisees], "Haven't you ever read in the Scriptures what David did when he and his companions were hungry? He went into the house of God (during the days when Abiathar was high priest) and broke the law by eating the sacred loaves of bread that only the priests are allowed to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said,] "So the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath!" —Mark 2:28 NLT Key Thought Jesus is LORD! He has authority over everything! He is the Master and Commander of all things (Ephesians 1:21-22). His word, his teaching, his will about the Sabbath form the basis of our truth. So...
Replies
Views
  • Article
GLORIOUS SABBATH EVENING PEOPLE OF GOD Solomon said, "There is nothing new under the sun." Therefore, on this, the first Sabbath of 2024, I great you with a familiar, or what could be labeled an "Old New Message." A fitting resolution for the year ahead. The familiar message in God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jeremiah describes a Pagan Custom very similar to Christmas In the following passage, Jeremiah describes a pagan custom that is very similar to Christmas in terms of its customs. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom