What is the Sabbath?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

KJB 1611, Genesis 2:

2 And on the seuenth day God ended his worke, which hee had made: And he rested on the seuenth day from all his worke, which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seuenth day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his worke, which God created and made.

So he rested and he blessed and sanctified only the 7th day. Sanctified means PUT Apart and Blessed means made HOLY. So it is important that we understand which day this really is, don't you think? None of the other days were blessed nor sanctified. In the Bible Sabbath means rest day to indicate the day the Lord rested. Ie, the day that is Holy and Set Apart. So, then, when is this Sabbath Day (In Hebrew Shabbat)

The word Sabbath means Rest Day . Saturday also refers to only one day in the many languages and many still retain parts of the word Sabbath in them. There is plenty of evidence Sabbath means Saturday in historical records.

Further, in the acknowledgement of the Catholic Church, and the ruler Constantine they changed the worship day to Sunday to honor their sun-god, see blog posts for Saturday/Sunday for the evidence, historical records, and other data to show this most Holy of days was to be profaned.

So they did change days and times in the time of Constantine, and the Catholic Church is again gathering religions in the one world movement to again make everyone worship on Sunday in order to honor the beast on the day designated for Baal, the sun-god, Nimrod, etc.. So, if it is and was a pagan designated day for pagan worship then God forbid anyone rub this day in the creator's face so to speak. AT the time of the original decrees Constantine was already with Rome following the sun-god. You can still see this openly today by noticing the rays of sunlight coming from most images of Christ or the "Virgen Mary" including the Pope's head gear and staff he uses. This was their way of bring the Christians to follow the day change that was made an edict by Constantine. They f

In 583 AD the eastern Emperor Justinian issued his famous decree that made the Pope the legal "Head of all the Holy Churches".
From 538 AD to 1798 AD, I think, the Roman Catholic Papal System was very confused, due to political and military situations in Europe and in the Middle east. This was the dark ages, when Rome called for the Crusades against the pagan Muslims, and later they used the Inquisition, etc., against anyone they viewed as an enemy of the Catholic Church. The Roman Empire fell in 476 AD (Caesar/Roman Empire).

Also consider these statements about Linus, the Pope (Bishop of Rome) who directly followed Peter:

Constantine who with Rome followed the sun-god, made images with their edict showing Christ and the Virgen Mary with rays of sunlight coming out of the images. They further said terrible things about the Holy Sabbath Day, forcing people to profane this day with work and other things. They made the Holy Day profane, and caused the Christians to think they were worshiping Christ with a resurrection on the idol day, as a good thing, when the Father only sanctified the Sabbath Day. Constantine named this sun-day the "Lord's Day". Who is this Lord? This is non other than Baal. That is what this idol god's name means- Lord.

The passage by Irenaeus (Adv. haereses, III, iii, 3) reads: "After the Holy Apostles (Peter and Paul) had founded and set the Church in order (in Rome) they gave over the exercise of the episcopal office to Linus. The same Linus is mentioned by Apostle Paul in his Epistle to Timothy. His successor was Anacletus."

Linus was also mentioned in II Timothy 4:21

Sunday is often spoken of as "the Christian Sabbath," but this is not a technical description. Sunday is not a strict replacement for the Sabbath, but a day the Catholic Church (Early Church) instituted to fulfill a parallel function. Thus Ignatius of Antioch, the earliest Church Father to address this question, states that Christian converts "have given up keeping the Sabbath and now order their lives by the Lord's Day instead, the day when life first dawned for us, thanks to him [Christ] and his death." (Letter to the Magnesians 9 [A.D. 107]).

Yes it was the Catholic Bishop of Rome (later known as Pope) who officially changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday in Christendom after Constantine the Great's 321 A.D. edict. Sylvester I (314-335 A.D.) was the Bishop of Rome during the reign of Constantine who gave his "stamp of approval" to the 321 Edict. Sylvester I did this because being in the office of the Bishop of Rome, with its positional authority. Thus, nodding his approval. This change from Saturday to Sunday was later confirmed at a council of Bishops at the Council of Laodicea (363 A.D.) said; "Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath"...meaning Saturday. The Catholics are so proud that they profaned the Sabbath, that it is in the Catechism Book to this day, telling their sun-worshipers what they did.

Sylvester I (314-337 A.D.) was the pope during the reign of Constantine. Here is what he thought of the Bible Sabbath: "If every Sunday is to be observed joyfully by the Christians on account of the resurrection, then every Sabbath on account of the burial is to be execration [loathing or cursing] of the Jews."--quoted by S. R. E. Humbert, Adversus Graecorum calumnias 6, in Patrologie Cursus Completus, Series Latina, ed. J.P. Migne, 1844, p. 143.

There is a lot of evidence the Sabbath was Saturday, and still is as the only day the Father made blessed and sanctified. Below you can see the language evidence which covers thousands of years. Shabbat (Hebrew) aka Sabbath aka Saturday.

Saying Saturday in European Languages

Saying Saturday in Asian Languages

Saying Saturday in Middle-Eastern Languages

Saying Saturday in African Languages

Saying Saturday in Austronesian Languages

Saying Saturday in Other Foreign Languages

KJB 1611, Genesis 2:

2 And on the seuenth day God ended his worke, which hee had made: And he rested on the seuenth day from all his worke, which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seuenth day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his worke, which God created and made.

So he rested and he blessed and sanctified only the 7th day. Sanctified means PUT Apart and Blessed means made HOLY. So it is important that we understand which day this really is, don't you think? None of the other days were blessed nor sanctified. In the Bible Sabbath means rest day to indicate the day the Lord rested. Ie, the day that is Holy and Set Apart. So, then, when is this Sabbath Day (In Hebrew Shabbat)

The word Sabbath means Rest Day . Saturday also refers to only one day in the many languages and many still retain parts of the word Sabbath in them. There is plenty of evidence Sabbath means Saturday in historical records.

Further, in the acknowledgement of the Catholic Church, and the ruler Constantine they changed the worship day to Sunday to honor their sun-god, see blog posts for Saturday/Sunday for the evidence, historical records, and other data to show this most Holy of days was to be profaned.

So they did change days and times in the time of Constantine, and the Catholic Church is again gathering religions in the one world movement to again make everyone worship on Sunday in order to honor the beast on the day designated for Baal, the sun-god, Nimrod, etc.. So, if it is and was a pagan designated day for pagan worship then God forbid anyone rub this day in the creator's face so to speak. AT the time of the original decrees Constantine was already with Rome following the sun-god. You can still see this openly today by noticing the rays of sunlight coming from most images of Christ or the "Virgen Mary" including the Pope's head gear and staff he uses. This was their way of bring the Christians to follow the day change that was made an edict by Constantine. They f

In 583 AD the eastern Emperor Justinian issued his famous decree that made the Pope the legal "Head of all the Holy Churches".
From 538 AD to 1798 AD, I think, the Roman Catholic Papal System was very confused, due to political and military situations in Europe and in the Middle east. This was the dark ages, when Rome called for the Crusades against the pagan Muslims, and later they used the Inquisition, etc., against anyone they viewed as an enemy of the Catholic Church. The Roman Empire fell in 476 AD (Caesar/Roman Empire).

Also consider these statements about Linus, the Pope (Bishop of Rome) who directly followed Peter:

Constantine who with Rome followed the sun-god, made images with their edict showing Christ and the Virgen Mary with rays of sunlight coming out of the images. They further said terrible things about the Holy Sabbath Day, forcing people to profane this day with work and other things. They made the Holy Day profane, and caused the Christians to think they were worshiping Christ with a resurrection on the idol day, as a good thing, when the Father only sanctified the Sabbath Day. Constantine named this sun-day the "Lord's Day". Who is this Lord? This is non other than Baal. That is what this idol god's name means- Lord.

The passage by Irenaeus (Adv. haereses, III, iii, 3) reads: "After the Holy Apostles (Peter and Paul) had founded and set the Church in order (in Rome) they gave over the exercise of the episcopal office to Linus. The same Linus is mentioned by Apostle Paul in his Epistle to Timothy. His successor was Anacletus."

Sunday is often spoken of as "the Christian Sabbath," but this is not a technical description. Sunday is not a strict replacement for the Sabbath, but a day the Catholic Church (Early Church) instituted to fulfill a parallel function. Thus Ignatius of Antioch, the earliest Church Father to address this question, states that Christian converts "have given up keeping the Sabbath and now order their lives by the Lord's Day instead, the day when life first dawned for us, thanks to him [Christ] and his death." (Letter to the Magnesians 9 [A.D. 107]).

Yes it was the Catholic Bishop of Rome (later known as Pope) who officially changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday in Christendom after Constantine the Great's 321 A.D. edict. Sylvester I (314-335 A.D.) was the Bishop of Rome during the reign of Constantine who gave his "stamp of approval" to the 321 Edict. Sylvester I did this because being in the office of the Bishop of Rome, with its positional authority. Thus, nodding his approval. This change from Saturday to Sunday was later confirmed at a council of Bishops at the Council of Laodicea (363 A.D.) said; "Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath"...meaning Saturday. The Catholics are so proud that they profaned the Sabbath, that it is in the Catechism Book to this day, telling their sun-worshipers what they did.

Sylvester I (314-337 A.D.) was the pope during the reign of Constantine. Here is what he thought of the Bible Sabbath: "If every Sunday is to be observed joyfully by the Christians on account of the resurrection, then every Sabbath on account of the burial is to be execration [loathing or cursing] of the Jews."--quoted by S. R. E. Humbert, Adversus Graecorum calumnias 6, in Patrologie Cursus Completus, Series Latina, ed. J.P. Migne, 1844, p. 143.

There is a lot of evidence the Sabbath was Saturday, and still is as the only day the Father made blessed and sanctified. Below you can see the language evidence which covers thousands of years. Shabbat (Hebrew) aka Sabbath aka Saturday.

So in your words are we only to look at Saturday a single day of the week to enter into Christ's rest when we can do that every single day?

Are we to dishonor what Jesus as God did for us and only worship Him on a Saturday? I as well as many others will enter into Christ's rest and worship Him every single day no matter what as we have ceased from our works as well as our thoughts for ourselves :)

Is Jesus Lord of the sabbath or not? Has Jesus done everything for us or not?

Last edited:
There is a lot of evidence the Sabbath was Saturday, and still is as the only day the Father made blessed and sanctified.

When I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior every day is blessed and sanctified by God in my life. I don't serve just a Sabbath day God. I serve God 7 days a week, 365 or 366 days a year. Every day is Holy and Sanctified. Because of Jesus' blood, I have been made Holy and Sanctified (just not on Saturday).

Psalms 118:24: “This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Every day of the week God had made!
Psalms 34:1 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. I will bless God Sunday through Saturday. His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

WE ALL NEED TO PLACE OUR FOCUS ON LIVING OUR LIVES TO PLEASE GOD EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.

You are being deceived by Satan. Because if Satan can get your focus off of God and on to tradition and what is wrong with the church, Satan is winning in your life.
Mark 7:13 King James Version (KJV): Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

It may be your tradition to go to church on the Sabbath. It may be the New Testament Church of worship on the first day of the week because Jesus got up out of the grave on the first day of the week or for whatever reason they go to church on Sunday. I would love to be at church every day the doors are open to pray and worship God.

But I am not going to hell nor am I displeasing God by going to church on Sunday. We need to be praying for the Body of Christ, not finding fought with the Body of Christ.

🙏Let Us All Pray: God I ask You in Jesus' name, bless me to come to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, body, soul, and strength. Let me never cease to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God to You be the glory in my life both now and forever. And God please bless and strengthen me to live my life as an act of worship unto You every day of the week. God, please do the same for the Body of Christ Jesus. Thank You Jesus. Amen!

Last edited:
Is Jesus Lord of the sabbath or not? Has Jesus done everything for us or not?
Thank You, Brother James.

🙏Let Us All Pray: God I ask You in Jesus' name, bless me to come to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, body, soul, and strength. Let me never cease to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God to You be the glory in my life both now and forever. And God please bless and strengthen me to live my life as an act of worship unto You every day of the week. God please do the same for the Body of Christ Jesus. Thank You Jesus. Amen!

Last edited:
KJB 1611, Genesis 2:

Hi am an ex Seventh Day Adventist, but know am saved, there are people who don't worship or go to church on Saturday who will be saved, Dont forget king David's army worked on Sabbath, I they didnt they would of all gotten killed.. my old pastor who I use to see, is still a seventh day adventist goes out on Friday nights takes his family and seventh day church members to restaurants and other places.. and my mates know im not a seveth day any more and they are good with that.. and they believe people who go to church on sunday will be saved too..

Hi am an ex Seventh Day Adventist, but know am saved, there are people who don't worship or go to church on Saturday who will be saved, Dont forget king David's army worked on Sabbath, I they didnt they would of all gotten killed.. my old pastor who I use to see, is still a seventh day adventist goes out on Friday nights takes his family and seventh day church members to restaurants and other places.. and my mates know im not a seveth day any more and they are good with that.. and they believe people who go to church on sunday will be saved too..
It isn't the point. There are things that happen like King David, while the Bible talks about pray that your flight not be on the Sabbath. If we understand the day is sanctified and blessed and it is the only day the Father sanctified and blessed, we should attempt to be more righteous than the scribes and the Pharisees as Jesus instructed us to do.

If we however ignore his commands, he was very clear: That we do not love him and he will say that he does not know us. There are things that happen: We had a pastor have a heart attack here, the hospital does not provide medicine. We had to go and buy his medicine on the Sabbath. This is breaking the law. But what we did was greater than breaking the law, we loved him so much that we went to save him on the Sabbath Day. That is what the exception is about. I do have Adventist friends.

You are being deceived by Satan. Because if Satan can get your focus off of God and on to tradition and what is wrong with the church, Satan is winning in your life.
Mark 7:13 King James Version (KJV): Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

It may be your tradition to go to church on the Sabbath. It may be the New Testament Church of worship on the first day of the week because Jesus got up out of the grave on the first day of the week or for whatever reason they go to church on Sunday. I would love to be at church every day the doors are open to pray and worship God.

But I am not going to hell nor am I displeasing God by going to church on Sunday. We need to be praying for the Body of Christ, not finding fought with the Body of Christ.

🙏Let Us All Pray: God I ask You in Jesus' name, bless me to come to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, body, soul, and strength. Let me never cease to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God to You be the glory in my life both now and forever. And God please bless and strengthen me to live my life as an act of worship unto You every day of the week. God, please do the same for the Body of Christ Jesus. Thank You Jesus. Amen!
What I am writing has NOTHING to do with tradition dear encourager, but rather what Jesus actually said. He made it very clear IF we do not keep the commands we DO NOT love him, and he will say he does not know us. It is that simple.
We follow no tradition of any religion or of man, rather the word 100% and the words of the Father and of Yeshuah are above all other words. If a person fails to do what they said, they are the ones deceived by Satan and will burn in the lake of fire.

What I am writing has NOTHING to do with tradition dear encourager, but rather what Jesus actually said. He made it very clear IF we do not keep the commands we DO NOT love him, and he will say he does not know us. It is that simple.
We follow no tradition of any religion or of man, rather the word 100% and the words of the Father and of Yeshuah are above all other words. If a person fails to do what they said, they are the ones deceived by Satan and will burn in the lake of fire.

It is obvious by what you just posted to me you should be spending more time in the Word of God and not reading about Church History. Pray and ask God to have the True Holy Spirit speak to you as you read, meditate on, and study the Word of God. The Bible has all the answers, not the internet or tradition or any religion (that includes all religions, yours too). Because many of us live in a watered-down gospel, pseudo-Christian culture (not genuine, fake, artificial, bogus, phony).

Live in the Word of God. Everything your pastor or anyone tells you (including me), seek what the Word of God says about the whole subject. I pray God opens all those who are claiming Christianity eyes to His truth.

God Is So In Love With You!
Encourager Linda Flagg, M.A., BCPCLC

PS: I am totally in love with God. I Love The True Word of God (the Bible).

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
It is obvious by what you just posted to me you should be spending more time in the Word of God and not reading about Church History. Pray and ask God to have the True Holy Spirit speak to you as you read, meditate on, and study the Word of God. The Bible has all the answers, not the internet or tradition or any religion (that includes all religions, yours too). Because many of us live in a watered-down gospel, pseudo-Christian culture (not genuine, fake, artificial, bogus, phony).

Live in the Word of God. Everything your pastor or anyone tells you (including me), seek what the Word of God says about the whole subject. I pray God opens all those who are claiming Christianity eyes to His truth.

God Is So In Love With You!
Encourager Linda Flagg, M.A., BCPCLC

PS: I am totally in love with God. I Love The True Word of God (the Bible).
Whatever you may believe, you are incorrect. I had a student and responded very quickly because of the student coming to class.

1. Doctrine & Custom belong to religion
2. God's only doctrine is his WORD.
3. In his word are many people's words. The one's to pay attention to are: Yahweh & Yeshuah , the rest are like Moses, we should listen, but we should default to what The Father and his Son said
4. We do not believe in any church, custom, man, book, or other doctrine of any kind outside the Bible.
5. Most people follow their forefathers, neighbors, and church leaders blindly.
6. The book of Joel talks about Pastors/Ministers and the like Howling/Screaming on the day that Yeshuah comes. Why is that do you think? It isn't because they were doing what was right.
7. Once I tell you to do what is right, my obligation is removed for me, and your blood is not upon me. So, I speak with the truth. Anyone who chooses to hear, let him hear for the time is short.
8. Matthew 5:18
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
9. John 14:15
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
10. Matthew 5:20
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21. Jesus was very clear. Most people ignore what he said, and justify Jesus with Love.
22. I do not negate the Love, for truly it is grand.
23. But again Jesus was very clear:
Luke 13:
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

24. So I have told you, and I am free of your blood upon my hands.

Similar Requests

• Article
The real Christmas story is the story of God’s becoming a human being in the Person of Jesus Christ. Why did God do such a thing? Because He loves us! Why was Christmas necessary? Because we needed a Savior! Why does God love us so much? Because He is love itself (1 John 4:8). Why do we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus said to [the Pharisees], "Haven't you ever read in the Scriptures what David did when he and his companions were hungry? He went into the house of God (during the days when Abiathar was high priest) and broke the law by eating the sacred loaves of bread that only the priests are allowed to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said,] "So the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath!" —Mark 2:28 NLT Key Thought Jesus is LORD! He has authority over everything! He is the Master and Commander of all things (Ephesians 1:21-22). His word, his teaching, his will about the Sabbath form the basis of our truth. So...
Replies
Views
  • Article
GLORIOUS SABBATH EVENING PEOPLE OF GOD Solomon said, "There is nothing new under the sun." Therefore, on this, the first Sabbath of 2024, I great you with a familiar, or what could be labeled an "Old New Message." A fitting resolution for the year ahead. The familiar message in God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jeremiah describes a Pagan Custom very similar to Christmas In the following passage, Jeremiah describes a pagan custom that is very similar to Christmas in terms of its customs. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom