WHAT IS IT?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

To The Cities
(who have ears to hear)

I have to admit, when I first began to study the Word, years ago, the New Testament story of Ananias and Sapphira gave me pause. Where was the forgiveness? Isn't that what Jesus's finished work on Calvary was all about? Absolutelty. But, as I always say, you can't believe one part of the Bible and not believe the other. That mentality deems God a liar. God is not a liar. Jesus said, "Man does not live by bread alone, but by ‘EVERY WORD’ that proceeds out of the mouth of God."

Jesus also said:
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. (Matthew 12:31)

What is blasphemy? Whether in word or deed, any attempt to usurp or subvert the Holy Spirit; or exert one’s own will over the power and authority of the Holy Spirit, is offensive to Him, and thereby constitutes blasphemy. Certainly, given how Jesus felt about thieves; the lying spirit of theft against the Holy Spirit, if possible to rank, would’ve ranked highest in the realm of blasphemy.

As I have often been reminded here, Jesus paid the price for all of our sins; past, present, and future. Absolutely. And all we have to do is confess and repent in order to receive forgiveness. Yet, even though Ananias and Sapphira’s offense was committed after the death and resurrection of Christ, the penalty was certain death. Why? Because blasphemy is not covered by the blood. Blasphemy is the only unforgivable sin. Their theft (the deed itself) was an attempt to deceive God; so therefore, it was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Even when they were given a chance to enter in a plea, they had already schemed to continue in a thing which God hates: They chose to lie, rather than simply repent.

Even more than sex, mammon is man’s grestest temptation. God often uses both to test His people’s loyalty to Him. “You cannot serve two Masters.” False prophets couldn’t care less about God’s Righteousness; but they will miscounsel His people into gaining access to His ‘riches’ by whatever unrighteous, ritualistic entryway possible. The corrupt spiritual mindset exalts such “unsound doctrine.” But, and here’s that word again, “thief.” Jesus said:

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a THIEF and a robber. (John 10:1)

Ironically, the first instruction of an idol or false prophet is always, “Do Not Listen.” BUT GOD, decrees destruction over a city because she “Refuses To Listen.” Again, there must, therefore be a renewing of the mind, that the heart may be changed; otherwise a city may even become guilty stealing God’s vengeance (if vengeance is due) by punishing a woman of God (homeless grandmother, “one of the least of these”) based on whether or not they win or lose a ball game. As it is written:

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave the way open for [God's] wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay (requite), says the Lord. (Romans 12:19)

(I’ll speak more about the thief in a future entry. In the meantime)

Who chooses, and sends for God's messengers? Is it your pastor? My pastor? or is it God? So then God also speaks through that messenger, in in that messenger's assignment, not through the priests, and certainlynot through falseprophets and idols. While a city may think she’s just operating in solidarity, God does not play with His Word; and, He does not look kindly upon those who do, especially where foolish rituals (religiosity), to the disregard of His statutes, is concerned. Such practices seek to mock. But again, God is not mocked. Not even a cup of cold water can absolve those who blasphemes the Holy Spirit. The repercussion is astronomical. There must therefore be discernment. Again, God is not deceived by a cup of cold water. Righteousness and wickedness do not go together. God knows the spirit. Even the attempt to oppress, by manipulation of resources, or tracing His servant’s footsteps, in order to exploit His Holy Spirit, for any reason, constitutes blasphemy. We are to submit to the Holy Spirit, not seek to subdue Him. Mine is but to warn; I accuse no one of blasphemy; I simply continue to say, as the archangel, Michael said, “The LORD rebuke thee.”

Again, will God just sit by while you steal from the Holy Spirit? Yes. He will not punish “without cause” (the sin must actually be committed).
God has set forth His Word…
AND THAT IS ENOUGH.
Amen

🍎

Recommended Reading: Acts all of Ch. 5. The Amplified (AMP) version breaks it down best, in my opinion. I especially love Acts 5:31

Acts 5:1-13
(AMP)
BUT A certain man named Ananias with his wife Sapphira sold a piece of property, And with his wife's knowledge and connivance he kept back and wrongfully appropriated some of the proceeds, bringing only a part and putting it at the feet of the apostles. But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart that you should lie to and attempt to deceive the Holy Spirit, and should [in violation of your promise] withdraw secretly and appropriate to your own use part of the price from the sale of the land? As long as it remained unsold, was it not still your own? And [even] after it was sold, was not [the money] at your disposal and under your control? Why then, is it that you have proposed and purposed in your heart to do this thing? [How could you have the heart to do such a deed?] You have not [simply] lied to men [playing false and showing yourself utterly deceitful] but to God. Upon hearing these words, Ananias fell down and died. And great dread and terror took possession of all who heard of it. And the young men arose and wrapped up [the body] and carried it out and buried it. Now after an interval of about three hours his wife came in, not having learned of what had happened. And Peter said to her, Tell me, did you sell the land for so much? Yes, she said, for so much. Then Peter said to her, How could you two have agreed and conspired together to try to deceive the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out [also]. And instantly she fell down at his feet and died; and the young men entering found her dead, and they carried her out and buried her beside her husband. And the whole church and all others who heard of these things were appalled [great awe and strange terror and dread seized them]. Now by the hands of the apostles (special messengers) numerous and startling signs and wonders were being performed among the people. And by common consent they all met together [at the temple] in the covered porch (walk) called Solomon's. And none of those who were not of their number dared to join and associate with them, but the people held them in high regard and praised and made much of them.

Closing Thought: The people who needed the healing and miracle blessings did not come out and disrespect, mock, nor torment God’s messengers, they held them in high esteem, and were therefore granted the blessings. Any other behavior toward the Apostles, from them, would have rendered whatever they were able to get, by such means, THEFT.

At the end of the day God just wants His cities to be obedient and grateful daughters

To The Cities
(who have ears to hear)

I have to admit, when I first began to study the Word, years ago, the New Testament story of Ananias and Sapphira gave me pause. Where was the forgiveness? Isn't that what Jesus's finished work on Calvary was all about? Absolutelty. But, as I always say, you can't believe one part of the Bible and not believe the other. That mentality deems God a liar. God is not a liar. Jesus said, "Man does not live by bread alone, but by ‘EVERY WORD’ that proceeds out of the mouth of God."

Jesus also said:
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. (Matthew 12:31)

What is blasphemy? Whether in word or deed, any attempt to usurp or subvert the Holy Spirit; or exert one’s own will over the power and authority of the Holy Spirit, is offensive to Him, and thereby constitutes blasphemy. Certainly, given how Jesus felt about thieves; the lying spirit of theft against the Holy Spirit, if possible to rank, would’ve ranked highest in the realm of blasphemy.

As I have often been reminded here, Jesus paid the price for all of our sins; past, present, and future. Absolutely. And all we have to do is confess and repent in order to receive forgiveness. Yet, even though Ananias and Sapphira’s offense was committed after the death and resurrection of Christ, the penalty was certain death. Why? Because blasphemy is not covered by the blood. Blasphemy is the only unforgivable sin. Their theft (the deed itself) was an attempt to deceive God; so therefore, it was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Even when they were given a chance to enter in a plea, they had already schemed to continue in a thing which God hates: They chose to lie, rather than simply repent.

Even more than sex, mammon is man’s grestest temptation. God often uses both to test His people’s loyalty to Him. “You cannot serve two Masters.” False prophets couldn’t care less about God’s Righteousness; but they will miscounsel His people into gaining access to His ‘riches’ by whatever unrighteous, ritualistic entryway possible. The corrupt spiritual mindset exalts such “unsound doctrine.” But, and here’s that word again, “thief.” Jesus said:

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a THIEF and a robber. (John 10:1)

Ironically, the first instruction of an idol or false prophet is always, “Do Not Listen.” BUT GOD, decrees destruction over a city because she “Refuses To Listen.” Again, there must, therefore be a renewing of the mind, that the heart may be changed; otherwise a city may even become guilty stealing God’s vengeance (if vengeance is due) by punishing a woman of God (homeless grandmother, “one of the least of these”) based on whether or not they win or lose a ball game. As it is written:

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave the way open for [God's] wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay (requite), says the Lord. (Romans 12:19)

Who chooses, and sends for God's messengers? Is it your pastor? My pastor? or is it God? So then God also speaks through that messenger, in in that messenger's assignment, not through the priests, and certainlynot through falseprophets and idols. While a city may think she’s just operating in solidarity, God does not play with His Word; and, He does not look kindly upon those who do, especially where foolish rituals (religiosity), to the disregard of His statutes, is concerned. Such practices seek to mock. But again, God is not mocked. Not even a cup of cold water can absolve those who blasphemes the Holy Spirit. The repercussion is astronomical. There must therefore be discernment. Again, God is not deceived by a cup of cold water. Righteousness and wickedness do not go together. God knows the spirit. Even the attempt to oppress, by manipulation of resources, or tracing His servant’s footsteps, in order to exploit His Holy Spirit, for any reason, constitutes blasphemy. We are to submit to the Holy Spirit, not seek to subdue Him. Mine is but to warn; I accuse no one of blasphemy; I simply continue to say, as the archangel, Michael said, “The LORD rebuke thee.”

Again, will God just sit by while you steal from the Holy Spirit? Yes. He will not punish “without cause” (the sin must actually be committed).

AND THAT IS ENOUGH.
Amen

🍎

Recommended Reading: Acts all of Ch. 5. The Amplified (AMP) version breaks it down best, in my opinion. I especially love Acts 5:31

(AMP)
BUT A certain man named Ananias with his wife Sapphira sold a piece of property, And with his wife's knowledge and connivance he kept back and wrongfully appropriated some of the proceeds, bringing only a part and putting it at the feet of the apostles. But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart that you should lie to and attempt to deceive the Holy Spirit, and should [in violation of your promise] withdraw secretly and appropriate to your own use part of the price from the sale of the land? As long as it remained unsold, was it not still your own? And [even] after it was sold, was not [the money] at your disposal and under your control? Why then, is it that you have proposed and purposed in your heart to do this thing? [How could you have the heart to do such a deed?] You have not [simply] lied to men [playing false and showing yourself utterly deceitful] but to God. Upon hearing these words, Ananias fell down and died. And great dread and terror took possession of all who heard of it. And the young men arose and wrapped up [the body] and carried it out and buried it. Now after an interval of about three hours his wife came in, not having learned of what had happened. And Peter said to her, Tell me, did you sell the land for so much? Yes, she said, for so much. Then Peter said to her, How could you two have agreed and conspired together to try to deceive the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out [also]. And instantly she fell down at his feet and died; and the young men entering found her dead, and they carried her out and buried her beside her husband. And the whole church and all others who heard of these things were appalled [great awe and strange terror and dread seized them]. Now by the hands of the apostles (special messengers) numerous and startling signs and wonders were being performed among the people. And by common consent they all met together [at the temple] in the covered porch (walk) called Solomon's. And none of those who were not of their number dared to join and associate with them, but the people held them in high regard and praised and made much of them.

Closing Thought: The people who needed the healing and miracle blessings did not come out and disrespect, mock, nor torment God’s messengers, they held them in high esteem, and were therefore granted the blessings. Any other behavior toward the Apostles, from them, would have rendered whatever they were able to get, by such means, THEFT.

At the end of the day God just wants His cities to be obedient and grateful daughters

It is a miracle, it comes from Gods own heart. Not ever to blapheme againts the Holy Spirit of God, instead we should honor, praise and glorify the Lord our God for sending a Counselor who shall be with us forever. Thank and praise God for this wonderful gift He has given to all of us.

To The Cities
(who have ears to hear)

Jesus also said:

AND THAT IS ENOUGH.
Amen

🍎

(AMP)

It is the glory of the Lord coming to all of us to bless us, help us and heal us. Let us all bow down before His holy presence and adore His holy name. Amen

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
The idea of living forever somewhere in the universe makes me so comfortable and hopeful to things to come Inmortality is not thing of the mind or our own desire to exist for ages to come. It comes straight from Gods word and Jesus clearly said to all of us..... Thou shall not die, but live...
Replies
Views
Heavenly father I feel completely unloved for lack of peace and sanity, if I'm not loved by you then who? Please send me a sign that I have not blasphemy of the holy spirit. I cannot do this without you and without hope. Please push your way in like you did before. I know you have a plan for to...
Replies
Views
Heavenly father I am going to attempt to line up with you again and only speak to you as long as you don't quit on me then I will keep going. I'm exhausted so I won't be trying to kill myself to get the spirit from now on but I will be praying to you much more often and fighting to get close to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 30–31 , Mark 15:1–25 I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them! Numbers 11:29 When I joined a group of Christian children’s book authors who prayed for one another and helped spread the word about each other’s...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Those who believe, those who trust, those who wait for the Lord for blessings, help, grace and receive mercy and love because they have believed and trusted His word. Breath upon me breath of God. Breath upon me Spirit of the Lord. As I lift my hands in surrender, To Your name most High. I am...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom