What does it mean to pray without ceasing? | GotQuestions.org

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Paul’s command in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to “pray without ceasing,” can be confusing. Paul is referring to an attitude of God-consciousness and God-surrender that we carry with us all the time. Every waking moment is to be lived in an awareness that God is with us and that He is actively involved and engaged in our thoughts and actions.

When our thoughts turn to worry, fear, discouragement, and anger, we are to consciously and quickly turn every thought into prayer and every prayer into thanksgiving. In his letter to the Philippians, Paul commands us to stop being anxious and instead, “In everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" ((Philippians 4:6, 7). He taught the believers at Colossae (Colossians 4:2) to devote themselves “to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Paul exhorted the Ephesian believers to see prayer as a weapon to use in fighting spiritual battles (Ephesians 6:18).

All glory to God almighty. Heaven opens up for us and the glorious presence of Jesus comes down to those who are faithuful and true to His word. Pray withtout ceasing... says the Lord. If we just do this every single day of our life, then blessings upon blessings shall come to our life.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Last week, I covered the first three of seven misconceptions and false teachings about sex that still hang around out there, coming from Christian authors and speakers, church leaders, and believers in general. While we can have honest and reasonable disagreements about particulars, some...
Replies
Views
Lets please also continue to pray for the following: 1. Persecuted Christians around the world (staggering rise of persecution in recent years....260 million in 2019 and now even 365 million as per some reports and according to a recent British government report at genocidal levels in some...
Replies
Views
Lets please also continue to pray for the following: 1. Persecuted Christians around the world (staggering rise of persecution in recent years....260 million in 2019 and now even 365 million as per some reports and according to a recent British government report at genocidal levels in some...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom