'Well Done!' - Luke 19:15-19

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued the story about the nobleman,] "After he was crowned king, he returned and called in the servants to whom he had given the money. He wanted to find out what their profits were. The first servant reported, 'Master, I invested your money and made ten times the original amount!'
"'Well done!' the king exclaimed. 'You are a good servant. You have been faithful with the little I entrusted to you, so you will be governor of ten cities as your reward.'

"The next servant reported, 'Master, I invested your money and made five times the original amount.'

"'Well done!' the king said. 'You will be governor over five cities.'"

Luke 19:15-19 NLT

Key Thought​

"Well done! ... You are a good servant." Such sweet words are these to hear! God longs to give us his blessing and praise. He showed us this desire at his Son's baptism when he said, "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." [1] God does not forget our works done to honor him, and he always notices the effort made in our stewardship. So know that even if no one else takes note of your efforts to honor God, you can be assured that he sees them and is blessed.

[1] Mark 1:11 NIV.

Today's Prayer​

Father, may all I do bring you joy, honor, and praise. Thank you for reassuring me that my efforts to honor you are not in vain. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

A Prayer about the Power of Prayer
By Jessica Van Roekel

God, Thank You for giving us prayer as a way to communicate with you. Forgive me for treating it with carelessness. Forgive my passivity. You long for me to pray in faith, believing and trusting that you will reveal yourself to me. Will you open my eyes to understand what’s happening in front of me and behind the scenes? Give me the power of your Spirit so that I can believe that my prayers matter. Pour out your wisdom on me so that I can know how to pray and what to pray. Your Spirit in me is the same Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead and I long for you to flow through me continually so that I may be pure, refined, and prepared for your purpose for my life. And God please do the same for the faithful prayer warriors on this prayer site. Bless, protect, and strengthen each of them. Use each of them for Your glory. God Thank You for hearing my prayer and loving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
[Jesus continued the story about the nobleman,] "After he was crowned king, he returned and called in the servants to whom he had given the money. He wanted to find out what their profits were. The first servant reported, 'Master, I invested your money and made ten times the original amount!'
"'Well done!' the king exclaimed. 'You are a good servant. You have been faithful with the little I entrusted to you, so you will be governor of ten cities as your reward.'

"The next servant reported, 'Master, I invested your money and made five times the original amount.'

"'Well done!' the king said. 'You will be governor over five cities.'"

Luke 19:15-19 NLT

Key Thought​

"Well done! ... You are a good servant." Such sweet words are these to hear! God longs to give us his blessing and praise. He showed us this desire at his Son's baptism when he said, "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." [1] God does not forget our works done to honor him, and he always notices the effort made in our stewardship. So know that even if no one else takes note of your efforts to honor God, you can be assured that he sees them and is blessed.

[1] Mark 1:11 NIV.

Today's Prayer​

Father, may all I do bring you joy, honor, and praise. Thank you for reassuring me that my efforts to honor you are not in vain. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
All faithful servants of the living God will receive a Crown of Life when we get to heaven. Expect to hear wonderful words when you arrive to heavens door.

I really want to hear Jesus voice when I arrive to heavens pearly gates. Well done good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of Your Lord. That will be the day to sing praises to Jesus for ages to come. For You are great, You do miracles so great, there is no One else like You.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus concluded the story about the nobleman who became king,] "But the third servant brought back only the original amount of money and said, 'Master, I hid your money and kept it safe. I was afraid because you are a hard man to deal with, taking what isn't yours and harvesting crops you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." —Mark 5:18-19 NLT Key Thought "Go... tell... everything the LORD has...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When the woman who had suffered bleeding for twelve years touched his robe,] Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my robe?" His disciples said to him, "Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus told the disciples to have the people sit down in groups on the green grass. So they sat down in groups of fifty or a hundred. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he kept giving the bread to the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
These are the twelve [Jesus] chose: —Mark 3:16-19 NLT Key Thought People in God's family have names, histories, futures — and failures. They are different in their interests and their vocations. Yet they all have one thing in common: Jesus! Let's not limit our expectations or dreams for...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom