'Seeking the Lost' - Luke 19:1-5

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jesus entered Jericho and made his way through the town. There was a man there named Zacchaeus. He was the chief tax collector in the region, and he had become very rich. He tried to get a look at Jesus, but he was too short to see over the crowd. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree beside the road, for Jesus was going to pass that way.
When Jesus came by, he looked up at Zacchaeus and called him by name. "Zacchaeus!" he said. "Quick, come down! I must be a guest in your home today."

Luke 19:1-5 NLT

Key Thought​

When Zacchaeus demonstrated his desire to see Jesus, Jesus looked up and saw him, then he told Zacchaeus that he needed to stay with him. God wants us to know that when people are actively seeking the LORD, he seeks after them until he finds them! Not only does he willingly listen to those whose hearts are burdened, [1] he also reaches out for those who are seeking him. He does so even if they are outcasts in their own world like Zacchaeus. [2]

[1] Luke 18:1-14.
[2] Luke 5:27-31, 19:6-7.

Today's Prayer​

Father, I know you longed for me to be your child even before I had begun to seek after you. Thank you for finding me and bringing me into your family through the gift of your Son. In Jesus' name, I praise and thank you for your grace that bought my salvation. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
[While people were grumbling that Jesus was going to eat with Zacchaeus, "a notorious sinner," he] stood before the Lord and said, "I will give half my wealth to the poor, Lord, and if I have cheated people on their taxes, I will give them back four times as much!" Jesus responded, "Salvation...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Zacchaeus quickly climbed down and took Jesus to his house in great excitement and joy. But the people were displeased. "He has gone to be the guest of a notorious sinner," they grumbled. —Luke 19:6-7 NLT Key Thought If Jesus were physically among us today, I'm not sure how those of us who...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus responded [about Zacchaeus], "Salvation has come to this home today, for this man has shown himself to be a true son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost." —Luke 19:9-10 NLT Key Thought Jesus didn't come to please the religious crowd. Jesus didn't...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When asked why his disciples didn't fast,] Jesus replied, "Do wedding guests fast while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. They can't fast while the groom is with them. But someday the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast." —Mark 2:19-20 NLT Key Thought The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
All of Judea, including all the people of Jerusalem, went out to see and hear John. And when they confessed their sins, he baptized them in the Jordan River. —Mark 1:5 NLT Key Thought John didn't choose the most accessible location to do his ministry. Instead, he was located in the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom