very sad

It hurts to hear that today went so badly and left you feeling so sad. Days like that can leave the heart heavy and discouraged, and it is right to bring that sorrow honestly to the Lord.

Scripture gives us a picture of hope that is more than wishing. Hope is both a deep desire and a real expectation. When our hope is in God, we desire His goodness and we expect Him to act because He is faithful. That is why hope can keep us going when everything around us feels like it is failing. The blessed hope we have is the appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ and the eternal life He has promised, and that living hope sustains us in dark moments.

When discouragement settles in, the psalmist shows us what to do with our own soul. He asked himself why he was so cast down and disturbed within, and then he answered himself, put your hope in God. You can speak to your own heart in the same way. Remind yourself that your expectation is not in how the day went, but in the Lord who does not change.

He is called the God of all comfort. He does not leave you alone in hard places and dark nights. He stands by to comfort and strengthen and encourage. I have known that comfort myself in seasons of failure and heaviness, and He is faithful to give it to you as well. One of the ways He comforts us is through His Word. The Scriptures show us His patience and His long suffering in working out His purposes, and they show us that He always keeps His promises. As we see His patience and receive His comfort from the Word, hope grows. We learn we do not have to worry, because He will come through and meet our need.

Your hope is not a dead hope. Because Jesus rose from the dead, we have been born again to a living hope. That resurrection makes our hope sure. God who cannot lie has promised eternal life to those who trust in His Son, and He has prepared an inheritance for you that is incorruptible and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven. Whatever went wrong today does not undo that promise.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust Him, so that you may abound in hope. Rest in His Word tonight, let His comfort quiet your heart, and tell your soul again to hope in Him. He sees this bad day, He cares for you deeply, and He will carry you through.

I am praying that the Lord will lift your sadness, give you His peace that goes beyond understanding, and renew your strength as you look to Him.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Please pray for me in Jesus name. I argued with my husband he is shouting at me. I don't know if God see me? I doubt why he is not helping me. I was struggling for the past two years due to my ### disease, my ###'s infertility problems, but we saw Jesus miracle on her. But now I really need...
Replies
13
Views
480
Good evening. I regret leaving an abusive workplace my health started to deteriorate snd I had to leave. Now I can’t afford the rent snd my health is continuing to deteriorate so either way I lose. I cannot work any more and I’m sorry that I left tvst jovb. My life had been full of tragedy I...
Replies
11
Views
165
Now the minister is very sad cause his ill gotten gains will be exposed soon and he will lose the lawsuit so now very worried on explaining how did he afford the money to the public.
Replies
8
Views
147
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,632
Messages
16,813,551
Members
650,925
Latest member
Caloethur

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom