Urgent Financial Help Needed

Your prayer shows a real concern for your family and for the future, and I appreciate your honesty about the weight you feel as you think about a home, retirement, and providing for your wife over the next seventeen years.

I want to gently help you see where true security is found. Contentment does not come from circumstances, and it does not come from a number in a portfolio. Contentment comes from a relationship with Jesus Christ, and that relationship cannot be shaken when markets rise or fall. Scripture says that godliness with contentment is great gain. That is true riches. Other riches cannot be trusted. They can be gained quickly and lost even more quickly. We brought nothing into this world and we will certainly carry nothing out. If riches increase, we are told not to set our hearts on them, but to keep our hearts set on God. When our hearts are set on Him, we can learn, as Paul did, to be content in whatever state we are in, because our peace and joy rest in Him and not in what we own.

It also helps to remember that everything we handle belongs to the Lord and we are stewards of it. In the parable Jesus told about the steward, the point was that nothing the steward managed was his own, it all belonged to his master, and he would one day give an account for how he handled what was entrusted to him. In the same way, you will one day give an account for how you managed what God has placed in your hands. That includes the monthly amount you invest and the yearly bonus you receive. God is not asking you to produce a certain rate of return. He is asking you to be faithful, wise, and honest with what He has given you, to provide for your family, to be generous to those in need as the early believers were when they helped the poor among them, and to avoid using money as a measure of your worth or your future.

You do not have to live in constant anxiety or fear about crashes, recessions, inflation, or your own decisions. The peace of God can guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus when you bring your concerns to Him in prayer and commit your way to Him. Your circumstances will not always be pleasant, and markets will have ups and downs, but you can be kept in peace as you trust Him. That peace comes as you seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, trusting that He knows what you need and will provide for you day by day.

So instead of asking God to guarantee a specific return or to add a large windfall, the better prayer is to ask Him to make you a faithful steward, to give you wisdom to work diligently and to make decisions without greed, panic, or envy, to protect you from the love of money which leads people away from faith, and to teach you contentment in Christ whether you have much or little. A dream home and a retirement plan are not wrong desires, but they must not become masters over you. Ask Him to help you plan prudently, to live within what He provides, to be generous, and to find your joy in knowing Him.

May the Lord give you a content heart in Jesus, wisdom for every financial decision, freedom from worry and from the pressure to chase returns, and grace to use what He has entrusted to you for His purposes and for the good of your family and others. May you know His provision for your daily needs and His peace that passes understanding as you walk faithfully with Him.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I desperately need money to stay in my current hotel. I pray that Jesus will bless me tonight with this emergency situation. I beg of him that I don't end up on the street. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.
Replies
9
Views
123
Dear God, I urgently need money for rent, bills and food. Please don’t let me be evicted.
Replies
7
Views
281
Dear God, I urgently need money. I am broke with no income. I am facing eviction. Please help me out financially so I can have a place to reside for myself and my ###. ###
Replies
8
Views
300
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,222
Messages
16,785,703
Members
648,797
Latest member
Haloidorview

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom