'Unforgivable' - Mark 3:28-30

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus said,] "I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences." He told [the teachers of religious law] this because they were saying, "He's possessed by an evil spirit."

Mark 3:28-30 NLT

Key Thought​

So many people have shared a concern that they may be guilty of an unforgivable sin. Take heart, dear friend, and let Jesus' word come to you clearly. The unforgivable sin is to keep saying that what Jesus did was done by an evil spirit or a demon rather than by the Spirit of God. Even if you may have assigned Jesus' works to something evil at one time in your life, you are not doing so now. You are not guilty. Look on the positive side of this command. If you want to see what the Spirit of God does in a human being when the Holy Spirit takes control, look at Jesus! What Jesus did in his daily life was a demonstration of God's will empowered by the Holy Spirit. If the example of Jesus seems unrelated to us, then consider Paul who assisted in killing Christians before becoming one himself (Acts 8:1, 26:9-10) or Peter who repeatedly and profanely denied Jesus (Matthew 26:69-74), and consider what the Spirit did through them.

Today's Prayer​

Father in heaven, I recognize that the greatest gift given to me by Jesus was my salvation, as demonstrated through the forgiveness of my sins and through the gift of the Holy Spirit who dwells in me. Please help the Spirit's fruit to be seen in my life as your Spirit conforms me to be more and more like your Son. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Gifts of The Holy Spirit, Tongues, Prophecy and Miracles are distributions of The Inheritance Gifts Christ divided equally on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2). These gifts are given for the building up of the Body of Christ until tow things happen that have not happened -- !) The Unity of The Faith, and The Church becoming Mature and acting in the Maturity of Christ Himself (Eph 4:11-15).

11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds3 and teachers,4 12 qto equip the saints for the work of ministry, for rebuilding up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to tt\he unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, uto mature manhood,5 to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, IjNA

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus said,] "So the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath!" —Mark 2:28 NLT Key Thought Jesus is LORD! He has authority over everything! He is the Master and Commander of all things (Ephesians 1:21-22). His word, his teaching, his will about the Sabbath form the basis of our truth. So...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." —Mark 5:18-19 NLT Key Thought "Go... tell... everything the LORD has...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man and into the pigs,] those who had seen what happened told the others about the demon-possessed man and the pigs. And the crowd began pleading with Jesus to go away and leave them alone. —Mark 5:16-17 NLT Key Thought Most folks are afraid of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Jesus woke up [in the storm-tossed boat], he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Silence! Be still!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. —Mark 4:39 NLT Key Thought "'Silence! Be still!' ... and there was a great calm." Just as in that terrifying storm for the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom